$Excellent Plus Comprehensive Benefits Package
Our client is an industry-leading life, accident and health insurance provider currently supporting over 1.5 million people. A rare and exciting opportunity has now arisen for a VP of Claims to join their team and play a significant role within their business.
This is the ideal role for an experienced and high caliber insurance claims professional with a great management style looking to take the next step in their career with a leading company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make their own mark on the role from day one and will become the highest ranking claim decision maker in the company.
As the VP of Claims, you will play the lead role and provide strategic direction to our client's Claims Department, as well as build a strong, sustainable organization through the attraction, development and retention of top talent. You'll report directly to the CEO and play a significant role within the business.
Identifying opportunities for process improvement, you will set claim policies and streamline processes to ensure a timely, accurate, compliant and cost effective claims process for our client. You'll instill loyalty and persistency with customers as well as improve our client's standing with agents and brokers to increase sales and assist with profitability.
Within this exciting, senior level position, you will recognize trends and emerging issues, develop key strategies to mitigate future risks and capitalize on future opportunities. Additionally, you will share data and trend information with the Legal, Underwriting and Actuarial Departments.
Your other duties will include:
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Utilizing technologies to reduce operating expenses and improve service
- Reviewing and tracking outcomes of adverse claim decisions and appeals
- Managing and overseeing the budget
- Ensuring the claims process is fully compliant with guidelines and regulations
- Participating in the design and development of new products
As the VP of Claims, you must possess exceptional leadership, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to guide and motivate a department. Analytical and creative, you must have fantastic problem solving attributes, an ambitious and driven approach and superb multi-tasking abilities.
- At least 10 years' leadership experience in insurance claims
- A management and leadership background
- Knowledge of health insurance products and the medical aspects and terminology of claims
- Familiarity with system or technology implementations
- An understanding of the application of contract law and basic legal issues affecting claim adjudication
- An understanding of the rescission process for claims, including case management and loss control
- A Bachelor's degree, ideally an MBA
Practical claim adjustment experience would be beneficial to your application. Experience of process improvement methodologies, such as Six Sigma, would also be advantageous.
To apply for the role of VP of Claims, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Web Recruit LLC. Web Recruit, LLC is in the business of performing recruitment services.
Additional Keywords: VP of Claims, Vice President of Claims, Claims Director, Senior Claims Manager, Senior Insurance Claims Manager, Claims VP, Claims Vice President, VP of Insurance Services, Finance and Insurance Manager.
Webrecruit - 16 months ago
We are proud to be at the fore front of transforming the traditional recruitment process, by our innovative talent attraction, talent...