This role will focus primarily on building and leading NY in the east coast construction, tunnel, bridge and water construction markets. This individual will possess business development, estimating, and project management skills as well as experience and knowledge with construction practices in the east coast of the US. This individual will be part of a leadership team in the preparation of statements of qualification, proposals, and presentations.
• Works closely with the President and business development team to pursue potential client/project opportunities
• Organizes strategic plan for pursuit of identified projects
• Leads the development and production of qualifications, request for proposals and presentation efforts for multiple pursuits
• Reviews and assesses market data with President and business development team to accurately prepare bids for proposals.
• Preparation of bids of upcoming work in the area.
• Must have the ability and experience to prepare project schedule from scratch
• Works closely with management and legal teams to review local and federal regulations to ensure all are covered for proposals.
• Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
• Pursues, builds and maintains strong relationships in the industry to enable effective communication/ties to the local market.
• Actively participates in target client industry trade associations and strategic community and industry activities for lead generation and visibility of the company
• Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business Management, Marketing, Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
• At least (15) years of experience in project management within a construction or design firm
• Local knowledge and experience.
• Capacity to organize and manage large labor teams.
• Extensive knowledge in the area of cost for labor, materials, etc. to accurately prepare bids.
• Ability to review and address technical issues with solutions in a timely manner.
• Travel is required as needed
• Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills
• Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
• Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
• Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
Hill International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V