Taxi Magic is looking to expand its leadership team with a proven product executive who will recruit and lead a world class product management team responsible for the Taxi Magic, Sedan Magic and PIM products. The VP Product, reporting directly to the CEO and based in our Alexandria, VA headquarters, will play a vital role in helping Taxi Magic make the transition from a well-funded startup into a world-class technology business.
The VP Product must combine strong strategic thinking, product vision and execution skills. This leader should provide new and innovative ideas to build the Taxi Magic business and work closely with the other members of the executive team to bring those ideas to market. This candidate will spearhead the development of the product strategy and roadmap serving end users, taxi fleets and drivers. They will manage a team of product managers, UI/UX designers and engineers (indirectly) to deliver this roadmap.
The candidate for this role must have a demonstrated ability to solve complex user problems with simple and intuitive designs, deliver powerful and engaging products, and respond quickly to market and technology changes. An early adopter and passionate user of consumer technology, they must have a strong understanding of the concepts of “local” and “mobile” in usability and design. This executive is a team player and a natural leader who also loves getting their hands dirty.
- Lead development of product strategy and roadmaps in conjunction with leadership team.
- Own all aspects of Product Management to develop roadmaps for Taxi Magic, Sedan Magic, and PIM businesses. Success metrics include downloads, users, conversion/retention, rides, and customer lifetime value; app ratings, reviews and awards; and fleet and driver feedback.
- Build and manage a world class Product Management, Design and UX team.
- Drive the entire product lifecycle, from conception to launch along with post-launch evaluation and improvement
- Bring structure and foresight to product development in agile environment with a focus on quality
- Analyze and understand user trends and key business issues to develop product strategies that balance consumer and business needs.
- Be a strategic leader and translate strategic objectives into specific tactical plans.
- Collaborate with technical, business and marketing and any other teams necessary to develop products from conception to implementation with on-time delivery.
- Define, measure, and improve key product metrics.
- BA/BS from a strong academic university in Computer Science or related technical field. MBA desirable.
- At least 8 years product management or related experience developing consumer mobile and Internet products. Enterprise experience desirable.
- Fluent with Agile/XP/Scrum methodologies and related software development tools.
- Must be able to implement strong processes in the product organization, specifically around development, project management, and quality assurance.
- An experienced, organized and efficient leader with the ability to define priorities and focus on things that add value; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; can see opportunities for synergy and integration; can simplify complex processes.
- Ability to address tactical issues in the short-term while maintaining strategic vision for the long-term.
- A devoted, passionate leader with the ability to recruit top talent and build a high-performing team.
Our flagship product is Taxi Magic, the award-winning electronic booking service that allows consumers and business travelers to quickly and easily book a ride with over 75 taxi fleets across North America. We also develop Taxi Magic TV, an in-taxi console that provides entertainment content, place-based media, and credit card payment for taxi passengers. Our latest product, Sedan Magic, is launching soon.
Based in Alexandria, VA and part of the Washington DC startup community, RideCharge is a well-funded mobile software company with over $20M in funding from strategic and financial investors. Our growing team of over thirty full-time employees is dedicated to revolutionizing the travel industry, while building a great, lasting company in the process. We work hard and have fun together. New team members have the opportunity to contribute ideas and efforts that decide the future success of the company. We are building a diverse, high-performance team dedicated to revolutionizing local travel and making life easier. For more information please visit taximagic.com.
Why Work at RideCharge?
Mobile technology is rapidly changing how people interact with the world around them. RideCharge is a fast-growing software startup dedicated to extending mobile technology and innovation to ground transportation industries, making travel more convenient and reliable for millions of customers. We share a broad vision for the future of local travel: Rides, when you need them, booked and delivered seamlessly, serviced by great partners.
Benefits & Perks
Copyright Notice: This content has been copyrighted. To request permission to syndicate this content visit https://www.sortiq.com/feedback.
- Competitive salary + Stock Options + 401(k) with company match
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 8 holidays
- Regularly catered lunches + Free beverages + Happy Hours (sponsored by Heineken)