The Vice President, Enterprise Sales for the West Region provides leadership responsibility for a defined territory in the Western states including Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Alaska and Hawaii. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide leadership to Direct Touch Sellers and Regional Directors with alignment to strategic partners such as Microsoft, ensuring the company successfully meets agreed revenue, profitability and market share targets.
• Execute the business plan, with emphasis on developing and maintaining strong business relationships at the executive level within this geography, driving individual performance of group members and ensuring that the team operates cohesively.
• Develop and implement strategies to drive transactional sales within each of the group’s territories.
• Develop Territory Development plans that increase both pipeline and new customers.
• Advise direct management team on matters relating to Polycom’s product offerings and, where appropriate, recommend incremental customer needs.
• Develop a comprehensive customer relations strategy and monitor its effectiveness through regular contact with customers.
• Ensure compliance with both local and US laws (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley) and ensure high levels of ethical conduct are adhered to.
• Develop coverage plan for assigned geography, including strategy to penetrate new accounts and grow existing accounts.
• Set up virtual infrastructure with appropriate resources to support geography.
• Hold weekly meetings with Regional Directors to review pipeline, coverage, etc.
• Develop and implement a plan to sell entire portfolio of Polycom products including infrastructure, management software, video, audio and service.
• Build strong mappings between partner sales forces and Polycom’s.
• Develop and manage relationships with key Polycom partners and personnel.
• Identify new business and revenue opportunities. Develop plans for target markets including tactics for penetration into new accounts and cross selling to existing customers.
• Work with North American Marketing team to support local Marketing and event efforts.
• Publicize account successes, both in terms of increases in productivity and effectiveness and of unique applications.
• Ensure the team integrates Polycom’s brand and corporate identity strategies into each relationship.
• Ensure forecasts are complete, accurate and on time.
• Ensure that quarterly reviews are done on time and add value. • Manage teams’ expenses ensuring budgets are met.
The successful candidate for this role will possess the following:
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in a mixture of networking, network applications and major account development
• Prior experience in voice and video sales
• At least 8 years of management experience including demonstrated team leadership, motivation and management, optimizing the performance of others, delegation of tasks, and developing a sense of ownership, responsibility and motivation
• A minimum of 6 years of experience leading a sales organization
• A vision and sense of direction for championing Polycom's strategies and plans
• Demonstrated business skills and knowledge including basic knowledge of financial processes and common business terminology and practices
• Experience managing with a quota size of $50-$60 million annually
• Experienced in the consultative approach to selling as a trusted advisor
• Excellent communication skills
• Good influencing and project management skills
• Commercial awareness of Polycom’s processes and common business practices
• Excellent customer focus and adaptability.
• To apply for this position please go to www.polycom.com
• No Agency Resumes will be accepted for this Position.
• No relocation budget authorized.
• Thank you very much for your interest in Polycom!
• Polycom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Polycom's vision is a world united by video. The company makes video-conferencing and immersive telepresence (which combines digital...