McGraw-Hill Education has an exciting opportunity for a VP, Technical Product Management . This position can be based in either Boston, MA. or Columbus, OH . The incumbent will set the product direction and strategy for McGraw-Hill Digital Products in all product categories and across all segments. S/he will lead the Product Group in conceptualizing, developing, implementing and managing new products and enhancing existing products and held accountable for the revenue and profitability of digital products for MHSE . Eventually, accountability and span of control will extend globally, including coordination and collaboration with global executive teams and their reporting lines.
- Hire, mentor and manage cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Usability/Info Architecture, Business Analysis, Web Design, Project Management, Market Research, Editorial/Content and eCommerce. GOAL: build lean, high performing teams capable of delivering innovative, customer-driven products on time and under budget.
- Drive efficiency by improving the workflow process of the Product Group (internally and in coordination with technical/operations group and third party vendors). GOAL: substantially shorter new product development cycles and project-by-project rollouts as well as reduced product costs and cost of sales.
- Devise a market-driven product roadmap that aligns with the overall business strategy of the Digital Products group.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs - both instructor and student - through research and close collaboration with the higher education team, GOAL: development of forward-looking, comprehensive customer requirements.
- Translate customer requirements into well-defined functional requirements by leveraging team skills in usability, design, content and e-commerce. GOAL: enable the technical team’s success in building products.
About the Company
- Ten or more years experience in a technology-based company.
- Track record of bringing new digital (software, online, internet) products to market
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills required.
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art online/digital technologies.
- Proven ability to build and lead strong teams.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- History of building effective relationships at all levels.
- Ability to function successfully across matrix environments.
McGraw-Hill School Education is a leading innovator in the development of 21st century teaching and learning solutions for K-12 education markets. We offer traditional and digital instructional, assessment, reference content and tools for teachers and students that address critical areas in primary and secondary education. We are focused on improving student learning outcomes while promoting digital innovation.
McGraw-Hill Education is a digital learning company that draws on its more than 100 years of educational expertise to offer solutions which improve learning outcomes around the world. McGraw-Hill Education is the adaptive education technology leader with the vision for creating a highly personalized learning experience that prepares students of all ages for the world that awaits. The Company has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 65 languages. For additional information, visit www.mheducation.com .
McGraw-Hill Education is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw-Hill Education - 13 months ago
McGraw-Hill Higher Education is a premier provider of print and digital teaching and learning solutions for the post-secondary and higher...