Title: VSAS Lead ( 14-00617)
Location: Pontiac, MI
Pay Rate: $47/hr.
Type of hire: Contract
Requirements: One or more of the following Powertrain Noise & Vibration, Powertrain Rotating systems analysis, Powertrain Structural Durability.
***Manager is open to candidates with less experience if they are submitted at an appropriate bill rate***
Model and analyze engine accessory drive and valvetrain systems using SimDrive, VL Motion, AVL Excite, and/or in-house software.
Experience in any one or more of the following areas:
Powertrain Noise & Vibration
Powertrain Rotating systems analysis
Powertrain Structural Durability
Execute GM proprietary and commercial software to predict loading on the engine structure.
Provide recommendations based on interpretation of the analysis results to Design Release Engineers to provide design direction and enable first time capable designs.
Enhance current standard analytical procedures to improve model accuracy and / or improve execution speed.
Develop new analytical procedures to enhance first time capable designs and reduce hardware testing.
Participate in product design and development teams and present analysis results to peers and management.
Document analysis objectives, assumption, conclusions and results using a standard report template.
Retrieve and modify Unigraphics models of engine components to support model development.
Cooperatively work with test engineers to correlate and validate analysis procedures.
Train and/or mentor junior level analysis engineers in the skill sets described above.
Will consider a lesser experienced candidate with the right qualifications.
Experience with SimDrive, VL Motion, AVL Excite, or similar software used in rotating system analysis. SimDrive experience is especially desired.
Excellent understanding of torsional dynamics.
1. Do you have experience with SimDrive, VL Motion, AVL Excite, or similar software used in rotating system analysis? If so, please explain.
2. Does your background support Powertrain experience? If so, please elaborate.
3. Have you had experience with torsional dynamics?
4. Please provide details of any specific achievement(s) that you would like to highlight from your career that would make you a great fit for this position?
5. What is the highest level of education you have completed? Which field of study is this degree in and from which university did you graduate?
6. Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
7. Can you please list why you left or why you are looking to leave your most recent employer?
8. Can you list why you left each of your past employers, please?
9. Do you have any gaps in your employment longer than 3 months? If so can you explain these gaps?
10. What is your current / last salary?
11. What is your "acceptable and "ideal base compensation for this position? We would like to make sure we don't price you out of consideration, but you know what the numbers are that you need (Please Do Not put negotiable)
12. When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
13. If you currently do not live near the job location and the commute is too far for you, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense?
14. Are you able to work in the U.S. without need for a Visa, other than a TN Visa for Canadian citizens?
GTA has recently come under the umbrella of TeleGuam Holdings, LLC. This company was formed in order to bring state-of-the-art-telecom...