Vacuum Coating Scientist
1. Optical design of new functional layer stacks
2. Reverse engineering of multilayer coatings
3. Ensure optical and performance criteria are achieved and maintained
4. Develop new products and ensure efficient transfer in to production
5. Develop new materials for use in vacuum coated products to achieve new functionalities
6. Develop and implement new vacuum coating technologies to improve our asset capabilities
To meet these responsibilities, the successful candidate will take a leading role in the development of new optical materials, establishment of a database of materials and properties, provide full characterization of these, and using this knowledge, work to implement them in to new product designs and in to production.
To ensure production needs are met, the candidate will also be responsible for ensuring quality standards are capable of being met, and that our capabilities are continually increased. This will require adoption of new technologies, materials and coating processes.
1. Advanced degree in Physics, Materials or related subject
2. 5+ years’ experience in product development
3. Excellent working knowledge of vacuum deposition processes – primarily IAD and magnetron sputtering
4. Skill with commercially available optical modeling software
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Vision-Ease - 23 months ago