Vail Mountain Dining Advanced Cook, The 10th - Winter Seasonal|
- , Full Time
Situated at the heart of Vail Mountain, The 10th is Vail's critically acclaimed ski-in and ski-out fine-dining restaurant overlooking the majestic Gore Range. The 10th's cuisine and service is world-class with a focus on Modern Alpine classics. Located on Vail Mountain, The 10th is accessed by Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola “One”.
The 10th on Vail Mountain is seeking a talented, career-oriented individual with creativity, a passion for food, and who is committed to delivering excellence at all times. This individual is to demonstrate advanced cooking and knife skills in different stations (sauté, grill, pizza and garde manger) and always has a sense of urgency. Applicants are expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Individuals must be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Vail Mountain Dining, Environmental efforts, and Health and Safety. This position will have specific responsibilities within these areas and individuals are expected to understand them. The Advanced Line Cook is responsible for ownership and execution of designated meal and après service including and not limited to deputizing other line cooks, prep cooks and dishwashers if need be.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for overall designated meal and après service.
- Responsible for ensuring all stations are ready for service with adequate back up of mise en place and next day’s service.
- Liaise with Supervisors, Sous Chefs, and Lead Warehouse Clerk daily to organize timely meal requirements ensuring consistency in quality, taste and presentation.
- Conducts daily line checks, creation of daily preparation lists, cleaning, opening and closing lists for the station.
- Ensures proper health and sanitation standards are maintained by conducting internal food safety audit weekly.
- Ensures all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained at the company’s and health inspector’s food safety standards and HAACP standards, including daily logging of refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Follow and enforce kitchen safety regulations, in particular 100% compliance of the cut glove policy. Follow up and follow through is essential.
- Conduct equipment and skills training as and when needed.
- Execute first tracks breakfasts/groups/weddings/buy-out events needs as per banquet event orders.
- Assist other departments when need arises.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor or Senior Management.
Two years minimum line cooking experience in a fine dining and high volume establishment - required.
Must possess the following key essential qualities - adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for detail - required.
High school diploma or equivalent - required.
Must be able to lift 40+ lbs - required.
Ability to speak, read and write in English - required.
Ability to work standing for 8+ hours - required.
Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd to January 4th, President’s Day Weekend and other holidays as requested - required.
Formal Culinary Training - preferred.
ServSafe Certification - preferred.
Progressive culinary experience working in a kitchen with an emphasis on line cooking in fine dining and high volume - preferred.
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...