Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
- Hang and organize patron’s coats within the numerical order system and return them to the proper patron.
- Ensure coat check log is properly filled out.
- Ensure ONLY coats, hats, and umbrellas are accepted into coat check.
- Accurately complete paperwork referring to lost or stolen patron articles.
- Positively respond to all patron concerns and issues to promote a return visit.
- Effectively respond to supervisor’s requests in all areas.
- Promote monthly, weekly, and daily marketing events to encourage return visits
- Provide positive communication and use Red Carpet Training skills with every patron and co-worker.
- Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must enjoy hosting others
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required; prefer Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Possess ability to operate an adding machine and have basic computer skills.
- Should be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs, and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in vary work areas such as confined spaces
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 30+ days ago