Intel Design and Manufacturing (IDM) is looking for an experienced, well-qualified manager to lead the electrical and system validation team. In this position, you will work with cross functional teams, including electrical engineering, thermal / mechanical engineering, marketing, software developers, software validation, and release engineering to develop printed circuit board and system test strategies. From this, you will oversee the test plan development and execution to verify functionality and product requirements. The group's test strategy includes platform validation through use case testing and some software validation of low level drivers and firmware developed by the group. The validation team is also an integral part of the system power-on and debug efforts, often owning root cause and driving resolution of hardware issues as they occur.
Validation is based in a Linux operating system, and includes PCI-Express, DDR3, Serial ATA, USB, HDMI, RF, analog and mixed signal circuits.
The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral characteristics:
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with design, software, manufacturing, applications engineering, technical marketing, and customers
- Ability to work independently
- Proven track record of customer orientation
- Experience managing geographically dispersed team
- You should possess a minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degreein Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent. Master's of Science degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience leading or managing printed circuit board electrical and system validation teams
- 4 years exposure to standard PC architecture / interfaces including DDR3, PCI-e, USB, and others.
- 4 years exposure to platform level testing in Linux operating system environment
- 4 years experience leading debug activities
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 4, 2013
Feb 5, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...