Works closely with the store manager and all members of the management team to ensure day- to -day operations of the stockroom, including the process of shipment within 24 hours, maintaining an organized stockroom, the flow of merchandise to the floor, and the enforcement of company policies and corporate directives. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 6 months +.
High school diploma or equivalent; or 6 months + years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Previous retail or service-oriented experience preferred.
Ability to accurately and efficiently control the operations of the stockroom.
See Core Competencies
Repetitive hand motion while processing shipment
Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive
Standing required for entire work shift
Operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phone, fax and copier)
Must work weekend and night shifts
Climb ladders as needed
Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
Occasional travel possibly with minimal notice (less than 10%)
For Internal Candidates:
The employee has completed at least 90 days of employment.
This is not a high 'shrink' store/skatepark.
The employee has not received an Action Plan in the last 60 days.
The employee has completed all required training for this promotion.
1. Provide excellent service to the customer by greeting, welcoming, fitting, and assisting them with finding items in their size and by offering the customer diverse and complimentary products to ensure they experience the full breadth of our product offerings, all while achieving performance and sales objectives as agreed upon with the Store Management.
2. Assists with motivating associates to achieve maximum sales productivity and ensures that sales plans are achieved
3. Ensures that all merchandise is represented on the sales floor and stocked to capacity within visual standards
4. Adheres to policies and procedures, standards and practices and company directives including Loss Prevention, Health and Safety, Human Resources and proper cash handling procedures
5. Ensures proper stockroom setup and maintenance and stockroom is neat, clean, and organized
6. Ensures proper shipping and receiving procedures are being utilized
7. Assists with training store personnel on stockroom standards and maintenance
8. Assists with the organization and execution of the sign kit including banners, window displays, and POP materials
VF Corporation - 9 months ago
The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion sense of ex...