The Vendor Management Analyst will develop and maintain strategic relationships with vendors for both high-value Merchandise Groups and other general items. Will conduct analytical and research support within the procurement organization in support of category planning, strategic sourcing activities, reporting, and other key procurement initiatives. Will independently identify resources, validate information, identify scenarios, develop data and market interpretations, and provide summary and comprehensive perspective to the evaluation process; will work closely with internal partners, matching financial, technical, logistical and contractual requirements to both local and global markets.
Develops detailed knowledge of Company spend and characteristics.
Uses the output from high-level data reports to further classify spend baselines to a lower-level of granularity (i.e. cleaning and rationalization of Merchandise Group, line item, or individual cost components, unit price, etc.).
Documents historic, projected, and other cost components for a total cost perspective of the Merchandise Group and/or item under review
Work closely with ENEL’s global functions in developing and maintaining metrics on vendors.
Drive consistencies and best practices to ensure operational efficiencies across multiple vendors and/or services.
Identifies market trends and financial outlooks from multiple/reliable resources.
Identifies alternative suppliers.
Gains insight into market leaders.
Identifies supplier ownership changes and their significance to the market and the company.
Researches and documents industry trends and benchmarking.
Develops supplier profiles to support vendor management efforts
Lead qualification process for specific Merchandise Groups in coordination with ENEL’s global functions.
Cooperate with internal departments in order to consolidate Vendor Financial Health/Risk Assessment screening, monitoring and reporting.
Ensure vendors are directed to ENEL’s vendor portal for registration and qualification. Ensure the vendor database is functional, effective, and up-to-date.
Provide leadership and support, as needed, during the RFP (tender and/or sole sourcing) process on high-value Merchandise Groups.
Provide guidance to developing partners and Business Development on balancing operative flexibility with compliance to the internal procurement process.
Skilled at leading cross functional teams through vendor selection process working collaboratively and fostering strong relationships with peers and leaders
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to review and interpret data, detect problems and determine best solution and preventative measures to mitigate future risks
Knowledgeable of competitive bidding processes, pricing, procurement/sourcing market conditions.
If interested please email resume and salary requirement to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with Vendor Mgmt in the subject line
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/Finance, Business Admin, Engineering preferred)
- 4+ years Accounting / Finance experience. At least 2 years of working with vendor management. At least 2 year of contract negotiation experience.
- Some financial marketplace research and analysis background (e.g., experience with an organization like Factiva, Hoovers, Forrester, Gartner Group, IDG, S&P Capital IQ, First Research, OneSource, D&B Supply Risk Manager, Emptoris Spend Analyzer, etc.) and experience developing and delivering financial research reports, a plus.
- Strong aptitude for financial systems (SAP preferred) and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate data into information for decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure
Enel - 8 months ago