Advanced Veterinary Specialists is a 24/7 Multi- doctor practice located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA. We enjoy a brand- new, state of the art facility, with board certified specialists in many disciplines including: Internal Medicine, Oncology, Surgery, and Cardiology. We are seeking to add highly skilled Veterinary Technicians to our team of dedicated professionals.
Compensation package includes: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, CE allowance, and vacation. Competitive pay structure based on experience and education
Successful candidates will have a minimum 2 years or more working in a clinical setting or holding a Veterinary Technician certification. Emergency/ Critical Care experience is highly desirable.
- Blood draws on all patients
- Filling out treatment sheets for the day
- Assisting the RVT’s with inducing anesthesia
- Monitoring basic anesthesia
- Assisting the DVM with most procedures
- Setup and break down of all procedures
- Fill all prescriptions
- Administration of IV fluids with additives
- Administration of insulin
- Administration of nitroglycerine
- Administration of IV pain medications
- Familiar with sterile technique
- Advanced bandage placement
- Perform treatments on isolation and quarantined patients
- Arterial pressures
We offer competitive compensation and employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision care coverage and life insurance, pet care discounts, PTO. If you meet or exceed these requirements, desire to work with a team of professionals who are committed to making a difference, we invite you to submit your resume for consideration. Please apply here, on our website www.avs4pets.com or fax to 805-965-8387.