Vice President Mission Integration
Most Critical Challenges: To:
Competencies. Ability to:
- Promote, integrate, and support the mission, vision, and values of FMOLHS throughout Our Lady of Lourdes RMC, honoring and celebrating the legacy and founding stories of the FMOL sisters and assuring mission integrity
- Identify theological, ethical, and moral issues embedded in day to day operations, and collaborate in all aspects of operational fidelity to the FMOLHS mission. Facilitate values-based decision making for major decisions. Participate in due- diligence processes for partnerships, mergers, acquisitions, and joint operating agreements. Honoring the legacy of Catholic Social Tradition, understand and apply applicable values and principles to the business of health care.
- Collaborate with the OLOL CEO in fostering communication and collaborative relationships with the FMOL members and the Lafayette diocese.
- Continually find ways to illustrate practical but meaningful examples / stories / testimonials of how OLOL constituencies (i.e., employees, medical staff, board, auxiliary / volunteers, local Catholic parishes, and other interested communities) have connected their own values and intrinsic motivations to the healing ministry, values, and services provided by FMOLHS and OLOL.
- Work effectively in a geographically, politically, and administratively complex hospital system, displaying effective leadership in settings marked by religious, cultural, and work style diversity.
- Continue development of the pastoral care function in order to optimize spiritual care, i.e., the process of assisting patients through spiritual crises and awakenings prompted by serious health challenges.
- Lead teams and processes charged with assuring that patient care delivered by OLOL conforms to the ethical and religious directives of the Catholic Church. Actively lead, encourage and integrate meaningful ethical analysis, deliberation and theological reflection into challenging patient care situations, fully tapping the potential value of such efforts.
- Work to define and address the spiritual component in emerging models of patient care designed to address the complexity of holistic health care challenges confronting the most desperately ill patients within served populations. Become a key spokesperson / ambassador for holistic health interventions, promoting both individual and communal spirituality. Provide organizational advocacy that will further OLOL’s commitment to the care of those who are poor or otherwise most in need, including advocacy for justice.
- Actively work to cultivate a work culture at OLOL that serves as a faithful expression of its mission.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the healing ministry of the Catholic Church, the organization’s mission, vision, and values, and the charism(s) of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady.
- Mentor and inspire colleagues to deepen their sense of mission integration.
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement mission-related education and ministry development programs in health care.
- Assure that organizational and health care delivery adaptations to a fundamentally changing health care environment retain and express the tenets of FMOLHS mission and values.
- A minimum of five years of progressive executive/administrative health care experience.
- Graduate-level education (minimum Masters Degree) in theology, divinity, spirituality or related field from an accredited university.
- Mature understanding of the Catholic Tradition.
- Mature knowledge of the “Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services,” ethical decision making models, and clinical and corporate ethical principles and practices.
- Knowledge about accountabilities to canon law.
- Formal current and continuing preparation in theology, Christian ethics, and Catholic social teaching.
- Knowledge of contemporary health care issues and trends, as well as financial and compliance principles.
Position will be located at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Lafayette, LA
- Five years experience in a Mission leadership role.
St. Elizabeth Hospital - 18 months ago