ORC International has an exciting opportunity for a Vice President/Research Director – Market Research. This position is based in our Chicago office. In this position you will have overall responsibility for the management and development of key accounts, including client consultation, proposal development, project design, project oversight and analysis/reporting/presentation—leading to the presentation of actionable business outcomes for the client. This position will be accountable for developing and deepening relationships with existing accounts and supporting new business development opportunities. This position has substantial client contact of a strategic nature and also will require in-house consultation with colleagues on research design and analysis.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
• Participate in discussions and prepare materials for new business opportunities to learn about the prospects’ business and their needs and to introduce ORC - our experience, expertise and ways in which we can help them
• Respond to proposal opportunities by preparing insightful, differentiated proposals that clearly and succinctly articulate the value we have to offer in the context of the prospects’ needs:
1. Participate in early discussions with the prospect to clarify needs and specifications
2. Translate the learning from those discussions into meaningful and relevant proposal responses
3. Create a research design that leverages ORC experience and expertise yielding insightful,
4. Prepare cost-effective budgets that accurately reflect the assumed work effort with a clear
understanding of the necessary pricing strategy
• Conduct client meetings and assume the role of senior client contact
• Manage and execute on the overall research design including but not limited to: sample plan, questionnaire development, fielding, processing of results, analyses, reports and presentations
• Manage project costs by identifying potential financial problems and assisting in development and implementation of corrective action
• Prepare and deliver well-organized and insightful reports and presentations
• Ability to direct and supervise all aspects of client account management and associated research projects
• Ability to manage custom ad hoc projects, as well as large-scale programs.
• Strong team orientation/ability to work cooperatively with other individuals at all levels at ORC and client organizations including senior executives
• Demonstrated ability to perform high-level analysis and to manage complex data processing requests
• Establish and maintain positive and effective business relationships with internal and external contacts.
• Broad experience across multiple business issues: customer loyalty, market segmentation, market sizing, product development
• Broad experience across business sectors: healthcare, health insurance, financial services, consumer services/CPG, technology & telecom, industrial
• Capable of handling difficult client situations in a tactful and professional manner.
• Strong analytical thought and problem solving skills
• Strong leadership capabilities
• Excellent organizational and time management abilities
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education, Experience, and Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
• 10 to 15 years of professional market research experience is required.
• Deep and proven experience with advanced design and analysis a must.
• Demonstrated experience and orientation for building relationships with existing clients as well as internal staff required.
ORC International offers an attractive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits. At ORC International, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally.
We hope you make the decision to join us by sending your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You must indicate VP/ Research Director in the subject line to ensure proper delivery.
ORC International - 5 months ago
ORC International is a global provider of customized research and analysis designed to help companies make more informed decisions on...