Due to our continued growth in the energy sector, ICF International seeks an experienced Vice President, Commercial Account Executive, to support business development within the Energy sector. This position is within ICF’s Corporate Growth and Strategic Accounts team.
ICF offers a variety of advisory and implementation services to the energy sector in a number of markets including the wholesale power market, fuels, electric transmission, renewables and distributed generation, demand side management, due diligence/asset valuation, smart grid and NERC/CIP compliance. Our award-winning energy practice consists of professionals with deep domain expertise and widely-recognized thought leadership in the energy sector.
As Vice President, you will be responsible for leading business development activities against specific strategic named (energy companies) accounts. You will be instrumental in our continued expansion into the energy sector and will enable ICF’s regional coverage of strategic accounts. This position is based in the Northeast.
You should be able to demonstrate your skills in cultivating relationships with key ICF staff within their target accounts, become a trusted advisor on energy solutions to meet the needs of these accounts; and develop and pursue account strategies for selling the full suite of ICF solutions and services. As a Commercial Account Executive at ICF you will work collaboratively with other business development executives, subject matter experts, senior leadership, clients, vendors, and teaming partners. Ideal candidates will have a strong track record of closing significant product and services sales within the energy sector. This position offers an
opportunity for growth within a well-respected entrepreneurial firm.
- Bring in a minimum of $5M annual energy sector sales, and contribute significantly to the energy sector team goal.
- Manage all aspects of the sales lifecycle from account penetration, pursuit strategy, and contracting.
- Design, scope, and sell innovative, business solutions to prospects and clients via integration of services, solutions, and capabilities to meet their immediate and long term needs.
- Cultivate relationships that will lead directly to new business opportunities within the target market/account/region. Close new accounts and meet specific sales goals.
- Manage client and partner relationships to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities, and sell integrated solutions.
- Prepare annual and forward looking account plans for each account based on short, mid and long-range plans
- Engage with clients using a consultative selling approach and craft innovative solutions that address problems and issues.
- Work with Operating Group technical experts to develop winning proposals.
- Work with corporate marketing to develop, qualify and nurture potential sales leads.
- Stay current on energy markets and issues, monitor trends in the industry, and understands how these market forces will affect energy companies.
- At least 10 years of sales experience in the energy sector.
- Experience managing account relationship with personal annual sales of at least $5M.
- Experience cultivating and managing strategic account relationship with annual sales in excess of $10 million.
- Demonstrated existing relationships with key energy executives in the targeted locations, including proven success in selling new business to Senior Industry Leaders and the C-Suite.
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and sales targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Business related degree subject and understanding of the energy sector and various energy markets preferred.
ICF International offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, business maturity, and sound judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to develop accounts through serving as a trusted advisor to executives rather than through traditional sales models.
- Experience with industry trends and CRM systems.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
ICF International (NASDAQ: ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's Web site is
ICF International - 16 months ago
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to...