- Masters degree is required
PURPOSE OF YOUR POSITION:
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President for Community Relations has oversight and responsibility for three strategic departments of the Hospital: development, marketing & communications, and community health and wellness. As Chief Development Officer, the Vice President will also manage a portfolio of 50 prospects and have strategic oversight of philanthropic prospect management and outreach.
The Vice President must have excellent visionary, organizational and leadership skills, as well as superior communication and writing skills, and the ability to effectively articulate concepts and philosophies. He/she should also have an in-depth understanding of the key legislative and business issues affecting the health care environment. The Vice President must possess excellent public speaking skills and be willing to develop relationships with board members, donors, community leaders, managers and physicians.
1. Work very frequently requires walking, standing, and prolonged sitting (51-80% of work time).
2. Work occasionally requires lifting, pushing, and pulling materials (tables, chairs, visual aids, etc) up to 60 lbs (6-20% of work time).
3. Work requires weekly travel to visit donors and attend events (10-50 miles).
1. Work is performed in good office environment conditions with possible discomfort due to noise, crowded conditions or frequent interruptions (more than 80% of work time).
2. May be required to work weekends as needed (less than 6% of work time).
3. Universal Precautions may apply.
1. Master’s degree in philanthropy, business administration or related degree required.
2. Ten years experience in fund-raising management preferably in health care.
3. Pennsylvania state police criminal record check, child abuse history clearance and an FBI criminal history check required.
4. Work requires intermediate to advanced computer literacy skills to be able to operate in several applications at once and manipulate files. Experience working with a nonprofit development database preferred. Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
5. Work requires advanced interpersonal skills to exchange information with executive team members, coordinate activities, instruct and communicate with donors, and designate work to employees (more than 80% of work time).
6. Work requires analytical ability to find solutions to difficult human, technical, and administrative problems and develop long range plans to ensure. Independent judgment is frequently required when making fundraising, staff supervision and volunteer management decisions. (51-80% of work time).
7. Work requires a high level of mental and visual focus requiring concentration and attention to detail. Work is very frequently performed under tight deadlines (51-80% of work time).