The vice president must have at least eight years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
The vice president should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and strong understanding of how to communicate with teams and work from both client and agency sides. S/he should have a track record of leading profitable programs that have advanced client business goals. S/he should be a superb people manager and have experience successfully managing resources and budgets as well as helping win new business. S/he will be entrepreneurial and professional and have the confidence necessary to manage a team. Corporate and/or B2B experience is highly preferred.
- Lead operational and financial performance of account teams, ensuring quality work, effective processes and that client requests are handled in timely and strategic fashion
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills and supervise writing of others
- Set and lead both traditional and social strategic media relations course
- Capitalize on, and contribute to, the Edelman global network to serve and grow business
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews and overseeing their professional development
- Manage billing and RFP response
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 65 offices and more than 4,500 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2011 “North American Large Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top five “2011 Best Places to Work.” Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), A&R Edelman (technology), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If image truly is everything, then Edelman may be one of the most indispensable companies around. Daniel J. Edelman, which does business...