Vice Presidents are the next generation of Managing Principals and are responsible for managing client relationships. Ensure case teams apply the best content and thought to client cases. Support new client acquisition and affiliate development. Actively mentor staff. A leader and role model in the firm.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Plan, organize and manage large, complex projects and coordinate complex client teams, exhibiting superior project management skills.
Expert in entire sequence of problem-solving for case, from problem statement through conclusion and recommendation through written report or oral presentations
Works across a number of case teams
Provides superior thought leadership on cases, from assistance with preparation of expert reports to identifying key areas for rebuttal/cross-examination of opposing sides’ experts
Oversees development of econometric/financial modeling, where appropriate
Provides effective liaison between client and academic affiliate, where applicable
Demonstrates proven recognition as an expert in at least one practice area, both internally and externally, through publications, speaking engagements, solicited opinions, expert reports, etc.
Identifies opportunities for additional case work with pre-existing clients
Masters multiple technical areas (e.g., economic theory, statistics, accounting, finance, econometrics).
Initiates and completes sales calls with junior staff members; Collaborates with other senior management to generate new business. Initiates and participates in marketing activities such as seminars, mailings, etc.
Establishes strong, ongoing relationships with senior clients (VP, director, GM levels). Sustain and expand existing client relationships. Expand relationships with affiliates.
Actively support and develop practice areas, lead thinking of case teams and firm in industry and practice areas.
Actively participate in recruitment of academic affiliates and new employees.
Act as advisor to one or more junior staff member.
Engage in office work using a computer and telephone.
Some travel required.
Master’s or PhD degree in economics, finance, accounting or general business preferred and strong academic achievement prior to that.
Minimum 6-8 years demonstrated success working in economic consulting or a related industry in a case management capacity.
Demonstrated success in employee development.
Demonstrated success in revenue generation.
Computer aptitude. Familiarity with SAS, Stata, or other statistical software desirable
Strong writing, communication, organization and presentation skills.
Factors for Assessing Performance (Functional Competencies):
- Leadership/Professional Development – Capable of managing a wide variety of challenging case assignments. Sets an example for collaboration, individual initiative, client service, and entrepreneurship for others to emulate.
- Technical Ability – Designs and drives the analytical approach to the case. Sought out by others for expertise in multiple fields of practice.
- Teamwork/Working Characteristics – Collaborates effectively with all levels. Effective at giving and receiving feedback and delegating resources.
- Communication – Communicates effectively with client(s), team members and affiliates, anticipating and managing expectations.
- Client Relations/Project Management – Manages relationship between client and academic affiliates. Interact with them as expert in multiple aspects of the case.
- Business Development – Generate new business and expands existing client relationships. Initiates and participates in sales and marketing calls.
Analysis Group - 20 months ago