General Purpose: Valuation of commercial, multi-family residential, and special use property types including office buildings, retail shopping centers, apartment complexes, industrial facilities, healthcare and senior housing properties. Responsibilities also include providing guidance and training to Senior Analysts, Analysts, and Analyst Assistants. Some travel is required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completing appraisals of a variety of property types (including property inspections, market research, preparation of analysis, and report writing)
- Project management: Overseeing a team of Analysts and Associates
- Interacting with clients
- Some marketing and business development (e.g. actively participating in networking events and conferences)
- Managing Analysts and Associates (assisting with their scheduling, review of work product, mentoring, training)
- Consulting with high-level clientele on matters including feasibility studies, property financing, financial reporting, property tax appeals, bankruptcy, estate settlement, divorce, damage cases, purchase/sale advisement, condemnation, and other litigation-related assignments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a State Certified Commercial Appraiser
- MAI or SRA designation required
- 4-year degree in real estate, finance, economics, or general business
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in real estate appraisal required
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office products, particularly Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Argus necessary
- Knowledge of Access helpful
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
**An Equal Opportunity Employer**
Stout Risius Ross is committed to a policy of assuring that all applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned on the basis of qualifications and merit without discrimination based on any protected classification, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, handicap, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Stout Risius Ross - 17 months ago