Edelman Silicon Valley, San Francisco OR Seattle has an exciting leadership opportunity for an experienced public relations practitioner in its Technology practice. We are currently seeking a Vice President to manage a global team serving a leading company in the enterprise tech space. He or she will oversee all of the client’s business units and be a critical leader on this prominent GCRM account. Ideal candidates are passionate about the B2B space and will want to use their strategic smarts to help this client navigate the dynamic and evolving enterprise tech industry. This is a great opportunity to bring your expertise in the technology arena and your understanding of all facets of marketing communications to Edelman!
The Vice President is responsible for securing, maintaining and growing business. Additionally the VP will provide strategic counsel and guidance to the account teams to ensure success.
Specific duties include:
- Oversee client service function for program planning, problem solving and strategic counsel
- Financial responsibility for accounts including forecasting and account profitability
- Play a lead role in prospecting and business development
- Counsel team to develop media relations strategy for programs/projects
- Understand key client industry issues relating to products, product categories, technologies, primary and potential competition and general issues facing the industry
- Understand key competitors and their business strategies
- Actively develop team and provide coaching and feedback
- Identify new growth opportunities based on insights into the company, client, industry and economy
Some of the qualifications we are seeking in the Vice President include:
- A strong interest in enterprise technology and the ability to help create thoughtful, original content (at least 8 years’ experience and preferably 10+)
- A demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful public relations strategies and programs in an agency, corporation or consulting role
- A broad understanding of all facets of marketing communications
- The candidate will be a team player, possess strong leadership qualities and have in-depth experience effectively managing a group
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred and an advanced degree is a plus
- A strong background in pitching and winning new business
- Superb understanding and involvement in the region’s business community
- A spirit of innovation and willingness to define the undefined and be motivated by the mutual success of their clients and their career
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 65 offices and more than 4,500 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2011 “North American Large Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top five “2011 Best Places to Work.” Edelman owns specialty firms Blue (advertising), A&R Edelman (technology), DJE Science (medical education and biotech), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Edelman - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
If image truly is everything, then Edelman may be one of the most indispensable companies around. Daniel J. Edelman, which does business...