We dream of a world where everyone embraces natural health – can you help us make a difference?
Engage with us at Kashi as the Vice President of Marketing and Innovation as we make a difference to the lives of those people who eat our food.
Innovate with us as we create exciting new food that can help people live better lives.
Together we’ll leave the world a little healthier and have some fun doing it along the way.
This is not just a job - we are passionate about what we do and believe in driving the food agenda and changing people’s eating habits across the world.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Vice President of Marketing and Innovation at Kashi, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Engaging in frequent contacts with advertising agencies in the development and execution of copy strategy, media planning, etc.; and outside agencies to develop and execute promotional events
- Leading all brand marketing efforts to ensure strong brand positioning and execution
- Leading the development, coordination and implementation of the marketing strategies for the business including volume, consumption, profit goals, nature, and scope of advertising, promotion, and trade activities with innovative avenues for achieving volume and profit growth
- Leading the innovation of these brands, and partners closely with the operations group, specifically R&D, and supply chain to create and develop new, creative innovations
- Prioritizing initiatives and is accountable for the business unit’s P&L
- Monitoring and analyzing ongoing marketing plan results and proactively developing and implementing appropriate action plans. Managing the marketing budget for these brands, ensuring consistency with stated profit objectives and quarterly annual budgets
- Creating an environment that is consistent with Kashi brand values which motivates and enables subordinates as well as key contact groups to generate new, creative, and innovative ideas. Providing team training and guidance to subordinates as well as to other members of the business teams
- Ensuring that Kashi holds a strong, meaningful, long-term position in the market. Works closely with the advertising agency to ensure a clear understanding of the brand’s consumer position and marketing objectives, and provides leadership in the areas of copy development and media planning
- Interacting extensively with all marketing support departments, management and the advertising agency. Ensuring assigned brands have the strongest possible plans that balance driving both the short- and long-term business
- Complete accountability for talent management for all marketing employees within the business unit and across the function
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed at Kashi, you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- BA/BS Degree
- Substantial marketing experience in roles with increasing levels of responsibility in major multinational companies with well-regarded brands
- A proven track record of managing a brand portfolio that includes direct involvement in establishing brand specific strategies and positioning, incorporating consumer insight, product development and advertising
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strengths and ability to work effectively with a team
- Expert level of knowledge of all disciplines of brand management, including: marketing strategy and business planning, leadership development and team building, consumer insight/research, and competitive tracking
- Understanding of and familiar with classic stage gate innovation and development process
- Significant people leadership, alignment, consultation and influencing skills at an executive level
- Proven track record of leading cross functional high performance marketing teams. Additionally, experience in managing relationships with external alliance partners
- Experience working in a diverse, matrixed, multi-cultural environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity across a global organization
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Experience leading passion or natural foods oriented brands.
- Experience with CPG products/brands. Ideally will have managed a category/portfolio of brands versus a single brand.
Hiring Manager: Gordon Kermode
Kashi is an independent business unit within the Kellogg Company and is the leading natural foods company in the US and the largest in the world. Kashi's dream is to make it possible for people everywhere to embrace natural healthy living. Our brands include GOLEAN, Heart to Heart and TLC crackers granola bars, and cookies. In 2005, Kashi purchased Stretch Island Fruit Co. on behalf of Kashi. SIFCo is the maker of the original fruit leather and ranked #1 in natural fruit snacks. In 2006, Kashi purchased Bear Naked on behalf of Kashi. Bear Naked is the #1 branded granola. This business is managed out of the Kashi La Jolla office and with a plant based in Allyn, Washington.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg Company - 18 months ago
Our founder, W.K. Kellogg, said: “Whatever success I have had in business has been a result of my good fortune in selecting employees...