This position works under general direction and is primarily responsible for managing the sales, marketing and technical service activities of the Culture & Enzymes team. The KPI’s for this position are to achieve the sales budget through supervision, leadership and coaching of his management & sales teams, maximize contribution, grow Share of Wallet (SOW) at Focus Accounts to reach corporate goals and manage cost center budgets.
1. Provides leadership in developing and implementing strategies with key accounts to achieve annual and strategic business objectives. Provides leadership for customers and regional managers to secure revenue and profit targets.
2. Establishes policy on sales for product lines in alignment with marketing.
3. Prepares and updates strategic and tactical business plans for NA management team for debate, modification and implementation. Monitors results and advises if new or revised tactics are required.
4. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
5. Responsible for appropriate company representation in its relations with key customers, technical and industry associations, governmental agencies, etc.
6. Develops, maintains and strengthens the sales teams enabling the business to grow aggressively and respond to the challenges of the marketplace. Assesses employee development and provides coaching to ensure the right people are in the proper place.
7. Ensures product categories, market size, growth rates are identified, updated and entered into the global Market Intelligence and Focus Account databases through the Regional Industry Manager (RIM).
8. Ensures market input and emerging trends is provided to global development organization through the RIM.
9. Articulates the resources required in supporting the activities of the group. Maintains effective and straight forward communication with global production, marketing and innovation.
10. Ensures a steady flow of quality development/sales projects consistent with business growth objectives in the management of the SPM.
11. Develops and encourages the growth of employee’s skills through training and opportunities.
1. Ability to read, write and speak English.
2. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
3. Ability to make administrative, procedural or employment-related decisions in a dynamic environment.
4. Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate in oral and written form to ensure favorable results.
5. Possess an understanding of production process and cost/volume relationship to assure sales and production are coordinated to produce maximum profit commensurate with long term growth.
6. Ability to lead and motivate a team of sales managers.
7. Knowledge in operating Microsoft programs.
8. These characteristics are normally acquired through a Bachelors degree in a business or food science field of study, and 7-10 years of related experience in a sales management environment