The Vice President for University Advancement plans, coordinates, manages and implements all fund-raising efforts for Minnesota State University, Mankato and the Minnesota State University, Mankato Foundation, Inc. The vice president participates in the President’s Cabinet, reports to and advises the President, and is responsible for outreach and liaison with business, charitable, governmental and community leaders. The vice president is responsible to direct, manage and supervise marketing, communications, media relations, including KMSU radio, development, alumni relations, advancement information system, printing and photocopying services, the vice president’s office, and serves as principal liaison with donors and the MSU Foundation.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Broad-based and successful advancement leadership experience at a senior level, so as to serve as a member of the President's Cabinet and participate in institutional planning, policy development, and executive leadership of the university.
- Significant experience working with capital campaigns, major gifts, donor research, alumni relations, and corporate and foundation relations.
- Outstanding managerial skills with the demonstrated ability to recruit, lead and supervise professionals in the areas reporting to the vice president, with special emphasis in the area of development professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to personally establish, cultivate, solicit and receive major gifts of at least six figures and above.
- Master's degree.
- Knowledge of fund-raising must include awareness of IRS requirements, the understanding to develop trust agreements, bequests, and planned giving instruments, such as charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
- Public relations experience, preferably in a University setting, or equivalent environment.
- Fundraising experience, preferably in a University setting, or equivalent environment.
- Ability to be frequently away from principal work site overnight, and will travel as needs of the position require.
- Demonstrated ability to lead efforts to market the University.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with higher education alumni and crafting and coordinating public information activities, including marketing and publications.
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a work schedule that will at many times will require night and weekend work, in addition to a normal work week.
- Proven track record for closing significant gifts.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Doug Dittberner, President
Management Development Search
102 Duck Creek Lane
Georgetown, TX 78633
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
Fax: (361) 949-8276
*Employment for this position is covered by the MnSCU Administrators Plan which can be found at:
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 10 months ago