The Vice President of Enterprise Sales is a high-visibility position offering an opportunity to make a major impact at WhitePages. This role will be responsible for driving global B2B revenue, implementing sales processes and infrastructure, and building a skilled sales team focused on B2B sales for the WhitePages PRO division.
This is a new position, created as part of a broader investment to grow the PRO revenue line for WhitePages. The current sales team includes 5-6 individuals with growth expected.
The position reports to the chief executive officer and is a strategic member of the executive team. The role is expected to travel approximately 50-60% of the time. This position is located in the companys Seattle headquarters.
To learn more about PRO, see our website: http://www.pro.whitepages.com
- Drive further definition and refinement of the go-to-market strategy for WhitePages PRO, including customer segmentation, pricing, product feedback, and key messaging, among other factors.
- Re-define, implement and manage a strategic sales process; develop and manage a sales plan to accurately forecast and exceed quarterly and annual goals.
- Establish (with the CEO) revenue plan for the WhitePages PRO division
- Build, lead, and motivate a team of sales and business development executives to deliver on revenue plan. Develop and maintain key customer relationships and implement strategies for expanding the companys customer base.
- Motivate, communicate and engage the sales team to create an environment in which the team will learn, grow and deliver to their peak capability.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Human Resources to drive sales revenue.
- Gather feedback from potential and current customers to guide future product development.
- Direct the business and market analysis for all opportunities and contribute to the development of product, pricing, and service strategies to ensure market penetration, market growth and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate all strategic factors which could affect the sales objectives, such as major changes in the competitive environment and interact with the appropriate functions within the company to ensure that this knowledge is used effectively.
- Collaborate with Marketing to raise the companys profile with key decision makers and influencers in the market place.
- Represent the company at industry shows and events to build awareness.
- 10+ years sales and 5+ years management experience selling and/or managing SaaS or DaaS solutions.
- Success in a start-up or entrepreneurial sales environment.
- Demonstrated success in selling to greenfield accounts
- Demonstrated success in growing a business from under $10 million to $50 million in revenue
- Expert in leading complex consultative enterprise sales processes
- Demonstrated success selling directly to diverse accounts, growing existing accounts, and building a sales team of inside/outside sales representatives to sell products and services.
- Results-oriented with a passion for identifying opportunities and closing deals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with other functions to support sales processes and products/services.
- Understanding of technical sales is a plus.
- A Bachelors degree required, an MBA a plus.
Critical Competencies for Success
Entrepreneurial Sales Leadership Skills:
- A solid strategic thought process. Has strong intellectual horsepower and ability to think critically, clearly and analytically.
- Experience establishing and communicating new value propositions. Ability to encourage awareness, trial, and adoption of products that require changes to customer buying behavior.
- Success in the creation of new sales organizations, delivering to sales goals while managing to financial budgets and building with scale and future growth in mind.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate sales reps to embrace a vision and plan of action.
High Energy and Results-Orientation:
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll-up-the-sleeves.
- High energy and willingness to travel.
- Sets high standards for self and others, competes with self.
- Active manager of performance; drives execution by clarifying priorities, confronts both problems and problem performers.
- Driven to achieve results and takes personal responsibility to overcome obstacles to achieve those end results in a positive, collaborative manner.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Goal oriented; desire to exceed expectations and have fun while doing it.
- Hire, mentor, train and empower WhitePages Pro Sales team to ensure success.
- Energetic, smart, and passionate about the WhitePages mission.
- Highly collaborative, inquisitive, strong attention to detail and follow up; a passion for PRO and its offering.
- Strategic seller who is comfortable in front of senior level decision makers and negotiating complex deals.
- Continue to build and establish the PRO platform; assist in regional events, sponsorships, and tradeshows.
- Genuine and easily builds trust and credibility.
- Tech savvy and strong personal interest in new technology. Ability to connect with tech geek oriented culture both within WhitePages and among customers.
We're headquartered in the heart of downtown Seattle, and that's where our engineering team works their magic. We've got sales folks across the country, including an office in New York. We have strong company values and culture, and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
Whitepages - 17 months ago