GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES -
The VPO provides overall operational leadership for a portfolio of centers within a specific market / territory of the Ambulatory Surgery Division (ASD). Responsible for directing all ASC operations and Physician Partnership activity while ensuring the Centers comply with requirements of any governmental or regulatory body. The VPO is responsible for business development activity with a "dotted line" relationship with ASD sales personnel. In addition, this position will be responsible for ongoing development and reengineering of future state operational strategies for the ASD organization.
Regional Senior Vice President
Center Administrators and Operational Staff, as designated
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
§ Plans, develops, and implements long term and short term strategic initiatives for surgery centers within a specific market / territory.
§ Create operating efficiencies between surgery centers when / where possible, within their market/division.
§ Proactively manages and provides oversight of physician partnership activity within their portfolio.
§ Provides input for managed care contracting to ensure market initiatives are met.
§ Generates measurable returns on investment by development and implementation of business strategies for the surgery centers within the portfolio designed to reduce costs and maximize services and product offerings, to benefit the Company, the Community, the Physician and most of the entire Patient.
§ Recruits and hires the most qualified economically effective executive management personnel for the ambulatory surgery centers within the market/territory.
§ Prepares and presents operational and financial reports as required
· Oversees and supports the due diligence process of surgery center acquisitions and divestitures.
· Active involvement in the Identification, Development and/ or acquisition of new surgery centers in the market/territory.
· Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
· Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
·Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures.
·Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies and HIPAA requirements.
·Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives and risk management program.
· Bachelors Degree in Health, Business Administration or a related field is required; however, a Masters degree is highly preferred. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
· Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position within a surgery center, hospital or related field is required.
· Multi-facility experience preferred.
HCA Inc - 5 months ago