This position will require relocation to the Charlotte, NC area
Vice President of Technology - Direct Marketing
Successful candidate must have in depth experience in Direct Mail / Direct Marketing processing systems. Industry Software Utilized: GMC PrintNet T, Business Objects CASS software, Anchor CASS software,
The VP of technology is responsible for the design, development and implementation of
organizational information systems, software applications, and IT support and infrastructure
systems. You must be able to create and manage IT plans, schedules, policies and programs for all
data processing, network communications, business operations, computer services and
management information systems, according to established goals and objectives.
As a company executive, you serve in a leadership role to your 15‐20 direct reports. High‐level tasks
include identifying emerging information technologies to be analyzed, assimilated and integrated
into the organization. You must be able to oversee the development and implementation of
mission‐critical proprietary or third party applications and technology to support the company’s
goals and provide direction and leadership to one or more offshore development teams.
New technology planning and implementation is critical to this role which includes implementation
of development of best practices throughout the organization, while governing control and ensuring
objectives are achieved. Risk management, resource allocation, project prioritization, and research
and recommendation of new systems and software products are key responsibilities of this job.
To be successful you must have an integral knowledge of the direct mail industry, software and
organizations. Industry experience gained from working in a direct mail service bureau, data service
bureau or a related business. It is critical to understand data flow and data files.
A 45‐50 hour week is standard but project deadlines may require additional hours. While travel to
conferences or client facilities may be required.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Experience in VB.Net, ASP.Net, C# and SQL
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Record, Business rules & Applications
- Integral knowledge of data records and debugging data files
- 2+ years of management experience supervising; developers and develop teams and projects.
- Integral knowledge of direct mail industry Strong sense of quality assurance principles, understanding potential process failure points and the ability to mitigate quality risks
- Strong understanding of version control and data integrity principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High level of professionalism
- Utilization of project management (ticketing) system to control projects.
- The company utilizes JIRA for development
- The company utilizes a proprietary ticket system for all client letter changes
- Experience in USPS address requirements and third party address software systems
- The company utilizes; GMC PrintNet T, Business Objects CASS software, Anchor CASS software
- Experience managing development teams
- Experience in establishing programming standards
- Experience in establishing SDLC
- Experience in establishing and monitoring testing procedures
- Experience in establishing and monitoring documentation standards
- Experience in System Architecture
- Must be able to work and thrive in a fast‐paced environment