As a member of our Internal Audit team, the Vice President, Audit Director - Information Systems is responsible for planning, conducting and managing Information Systems audits and providing control consultation on security, risks and controls throughout the company and its subsidiaries. The Vice President, Audit Director - Information Systems will be responsible for building strong relationships throughout the Information Systems organization including the CIO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with developing and implementing an annual audit plan by assessing all relevant risk factors, considering managements expectations of Internal Audits strategic involvement throughout the organization and with outside vendors.
2. Assist in defining, refining, implementing and maintaining the Companys audit process, including department standards and procedures that will be overseen by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
3. Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards for IS audits, identifying opportunities for audit process improvement and integration with the financial and operational audit process.
4. Manage multiple administrative functions such as budgets, scheduling resources, internal policy development, etc.
5. Be recognized as a leader, management consultant and internal controls expert; develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with operations and information systems management, learning and understanding the business to better provide value-added services, help management achieve objectives, and enhance customer satisfaction.
6. Liaison with and represent the internal audit department to external parties including national bank examiners and external auditors. Also, manage co-sourced audit relationships.
7. Assist in recruiting, screening, hiring, developing and mentoring staff, including career-counseling support by sharing information among the Internal Audit group, transferring knowledge and providing instruction/guidance as appropriate. Foster and maintain group spirit and team morale.
8. Manage and execute IS audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting audit interviews, observing operations, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, performing audit tests, preparing appropriate workpapers, developing audit recommendations and reviewing them with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports.
9. Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, information systems, bank regulatory issuances, our industry, and Company products and information through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
10. Assist in special projects and non-IS related audit projects as needed; perform other duties as assigned.
11. Adhering to and complying with the applicable, 1) federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Management experience, or the equivalent managerial know-how, to be able to act as a technology process and management consultant to management in any area of the company. Must have knowledge of finance and operations in addition to an expertise in information technology.
- Sound knowledge and experience in information technology audit, systems design and management, security, and client server technologies.
- Understanding of security software, database technology, and emerging E-Commerce and Internet technologies. Ability to perform and manage technical, application and integrated audits.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and organizing ability with successful experience in concurrently managing multiple projects at varying levels of technical difficulty at the same time.
- Banking experience primarily focused in internal audit, enterprise-wide risk management, and business risk consulting
- Strong project management, teamwork, analytical, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of COBIT, ISO17799
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and the COSO control framework.
- Ability to define deliverables, create budgets and project plans, align resources and specialists for project teams, manage audit projects, present final reports to auditees and their Audit Committees.
- Ability to travel to various locations throughout the United States.
- Professional certification, such as CISA, CISSP, MCSE, CQA, or CIA, is expected.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.
First Republic Bank - 2 years ago
First Republic Bank offers private banking, wealth management, trust, and brokerage services for businesses and high-net-worth clients...