We are currently seeking candidates for the role of: Vice President, Enterprise Solutions (Sales) – Mid-Atlantic
NOTE: The incumbent will be responsible for business development throughout DE, MD, DC, WV, VA, NC, SC and must reside within an hour drive from a major metro airport within the territory. The incumbent will work from home (remote) when not traveling. Relocation assistance NOT provided.
The VP, Enterprise Solutions leads sales activities with current and prospective owners and alliance members in order to significantly grow the Premier enterprise, primarily by closing large dollar performance improvement engagements and/or sizable group purchasing conversions.
Utilizing an in-depth understanding of hospital financial drivers and extensive consulting and/or holistic hospital operations experience, this position develops credibility and fosters relationships with hospital executives who make selection decisions. The position is accountable for thoroughly understanding the customer’s key initiatives and opportunities, creating and delivering a compelling value proposition that will positively influence decision-makers and drive them to select Premier.
Internally, the Vice President will create and manage sales teams, and engage subject matter experts, marketing communications team, and other resources in the RFP process.
- Establish and develop relationships with targeted hospital executives in order to gain a thorough understanding of each organization.
- Create and implement customized sales strategies based on a keen understanding of the customers’ unique financial drivers and other key hospital initiatives.
- Make executive level sales calls; work with other sales and operations resources to strengthen customer relations throughout the sales cycle.
- Develop a strategic web of influence; join and participate in organizations frequented by prospective hospital executives; attend conferences, meetings, community functions and other activities that enable executive contact.
- Generate qualified leads and follow through to closure.
- Write, review, and edit RFP responses in order to achieve or exceed all financial goals.
- Interface with marketing communications team to develop and distribute materials for availability to current and potential owners, and others who may generate leads or be involved in the sales process or contract implementation process.
- Work with Premier departments and collaborate with internal subject matter experts to generate compelling value propositions appropriate for the target hospital.
- Provide and present financial value-added analyses with clear return on investment projections to prospective customers.
- Work closely with RVPs and RDs, PCS client engagement and delivery staff, and/or collaborative staff resources in implementing new contracts and providing strategic guidance and direction.
- Develop and maintain reports to the executive team.
- Create and deliver strategies to achieve growth goal objectives
- Bachelor’s degree business, finance, healthcare administration or related discipline
- 10+ years experience
- Credible, successful experience in building C-suite relationships by selling and leading delivery of large, comprehensive enterprise sales with healthcare informatics software, GPO and/or consulting engagements
- Significant, comprehensive project management experience
- Strong knowledge of a hospital’s financials and operations
- Willing to travel at least 60% throughout the defined territory
- MBA or MHA
- Clinician experience
- Experience selling innovative solutions in healthcare (e.g. ACO development, “big data,” population health, etc.)
- Established relationships with CXO’s at large health systems across the U.S.
WHAT PREMIER IS
Premier is a performance improvement alliance of more than 2,500 U.S. hospitals and 78,000-plus other healthcare sites using the power of collaboration to lead the transformation to high quality, cost-effective care. Owned by hospitals, health systems and other providers, Premier maintains the nation's most comprehensive repository of clinical, financial and outcomes information and operates a leading healthcare purchasing network. A world leader in helping deliver measurable improvements in care, Premier has worked with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the United Kingdom's National Health Service North West to improve hospital performance. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier also has an office in Washington.
WHY PREMIER EXISTS
Premier brings nationwide knowledge to improve local healthcare. It does this by collecting and analyzing clinical and financial data from its member hospitals, organizing committees of members to make decisions and set direction for the alliance, sponsoring seminars and conferences, and sharing best practices. By doing so, Premier unites a fragmented, chaotic and inefficient healthcare system to enable hospitals to provide patients with reliably high-quality healthcare at the lowest cost. Premier uses facts to determine the best practices and products that drive the best patient outcomes. Everyone wins when there is no sacrifice in quality or cost. Become a Premier fan on Facebook .
Our People make us Premier so join us!
Business Development, Contract Negotiation, Consulting - Healthcare, Project Management
Remote - Home Office
Premier Inc. - 10 months ago
Collective buying power is the premise behind Premier. The group purchasing organization (GPO) is an alliance of more than 2,700 US...