Have you ever dreamed of working at a place where your talent is truly valued? Where your contributions are rewarded, and the people around you respect you both as an individual and as a member of a tightly focused team? Picerne Military Housing may be the company you've been looking for.
We are seeking an energetic leader for the role of Vice President of Construction Services who will be responsible for leading all aspects of the pre-construction and procurement processes including Scheduling Bidding, Estimating, Contracting and Job Costing from project inception to closeout. A full understanding of the Civil and Architectural design process is required. The VP of Construction Services is also responsible for ensuring compliance with all lenders, Army, Air Force, RCI, both military and student housing, new business opportunities and Picerne Military Housing’s policies, requirements and standards.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to instill and promote the Picerne Military Housing culture/philosophy throughout the construction operation at all installations by consistently demonstrating the company's core values: providing extraordinary customer service, loyalty, respect, passion, be self-motivated and have a positive attitude.
Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
· 15 + years of experience in construction/development with significant experience in Procurement, Estimating, Project Management and Construction Accounting.
· Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture.
· Significant experience with both residential and commercial construction projects. Excellent leadership and management skills, exceptional communication, negotiation and analytical skills required. Ability to multi-task and work within a team. Highly organized and detail oriented
· Expert knowledge of best practice construction processes for both residential and commercial methods and standards
· Strong knowledge of all aspects of Construction activities including Procurement, Scheduling, Civil & Architectural Design, Permitting, Bidding, Estimating, Contracting, Job Costing, Construction Management, Bonds, Insurance and Government Requirements
· Strong computer skills and an in depth understanding of database structured programs and reporting. Proficient with Primavera, MS Office programs including Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Development and Construction related software programs, Timberline Office including Estimating, Buyout, Project Management and Accounting is required.
· Proven leadership and management skills, exceptional communication, negotiation and analytical skills required. Ability to multi-task and work within a team. Highly organized and detail oriented
- Support the SVP Construction to establish and execute the strategic and financial goals of Construction.
- Lead the development and standardization of Preconstruction processes and coordinate process issues and changes with corporate leaders and the installations to ensure alignment and consistency. Processes include vendor prequalification and selection, design and consultant management, soft cost management, pro-forma tracking and yearly budgeting, bidding and estimating, budget books, issuing and managing vendor contracts, submittals, purchase orders, change orders, invoicing, cost and schedule control, project management, job close out, small business requirements, tracking and reporting of subcontractor default insurance, controlled insurance program, Davis Bacon and small business requirements.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure clear and timely evaluation and communication of job costs, budgets and schedules at each installation.
- Develop and oversee a company wide estimating process for all Picerne Military Housing projects ensuring accurate scopes of work and fair and competitive bidding.
- Oversee the accurate and timely creation of Budgets . Assure that all master agreements, contracts and change orders are in compliance with policies and in alignment with scopes and budgets. Assure that accurate information and historical costs are available when needed.
- Provide leadership and develop processes that assure the timely closeout of jobs including final invoice and closeout documents from vendors, retention release, disbursement of information and turnover packages to Property Management and Budget Book transition through warranty period and final closeout.
- Work with corporate MIS, Finance, Accounting and other corporate departments to determine needs and assist in developing and coordinating preconstruction processes and reporting.
- Ensure Small Business standards and activities are in compliance with acceptable accounting practices and procedure.
- Provide leadership and direction to regional and installation Construction Services staff on preconstruction issues. Provide support and training to installations on Preconstruction, Procurement and Construction Management activities
Picerne Military Housing - 6 months ago
Picerne Military Housing is a relatively new company with a distinguished heritage. We trace our roots to 1925, when Romeo Picerne began bui...