Vice President, Spirits Marketing - Malibu/Kahlua
This executive is responsible for driving brand and business activities for this portfolio of brands, as well as for any new brands within the Rum and Liqueur category. He/she will also be the strategic leader responsible for developing and managing execution of the category strategy necessarily to aggressively gain market share. He/she will leverage an instinctual feel for the consumer and the market as well as analytics to drive integrated marketing strategy and initiatives. Additionally, this executive will be expected to harness the entire organization to bring these initiatives to life, create measurable business results and increase the level of consumer engagement with these brands.
Team of 5 people.
Under the direction of the Senior VP Marketing, the VP Marketing Kahlúa and Malibu is responsible for leading the Malibu and Kahlúa brand teams and for the development and implementation of marketing strategies and brand business plans for the brands and for the Liqueur and Rum category within the U.S.A.
He/she will lead long term strategic development on brands; oversee consumer communication, compliance and results tracking of assigned brands, delivery of profits, volume and share of market targets while identifying incremental volume through new product development and other innovation.
Specifically, the Vice President of Marketing will:
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Drive top-line growth and profitability across the brand portfolio
- Increase market share in the spirits and rum categories
- Drive the strategic growth agenda and importantly, translate the strategy into action and mobilize execution
- Combine creative thinking with a strategic and analytic underpinning to brand management
- Foster a focus on innovation; leverage consumer and market insights to drive " bold ideas" that yield results
- Work closely with PR Brand Owners to influence global brand strategy and serve as shepherd of this portfolio of brands in the US, ensuring their qualitative and quantitative performance.
- Generate market specific consumer and competitive insights; work with brand owner to evolve brand platform for each brand and identify consumer growth opportunities.
- Take an innovative, consumer needs-based approach development and drive the development of the entire marketing plan across all touch points
- Nurture the development of breakthrough and effective integrated marketing campaigns including development of digital and interactive content to engage consumer around brand and brand experience properties
- Manage the implementation of these plans and ensure their operational and fiscal effectiveness
- Analyze performance and leverage cross functional resources to deliver results
- Develop and coach a high performance team
- Represent the brand across the diverse continuum of stakeholders, from the executive team, the sales and trade marketing teams, brand owner leadership to the US Distributor network
- Lead the annual operating plan and manage development of consumer communication including but not limited to advertising, event marketing, PR, POS, digital, direct marketing and detailed measurement. Ensure brand budgets and P&L are managed within acceptable PRUSA standards
- Oversee the development and management of the brands’ budget and oversee P & L performance for the brands
- Develop a strong partnership relationship with brand owners in Europe, with the US GMs and with other key stakeholders
- Design and execute a strategic plan that reinvigorates and repositions the Kahlua brand to begin attracting a younger consumer base.
- Build on the recent success of Malibu innovation, and continue its growth trajectory
- Begin to craft a plan to create a new space to play in the Liqueur and Rum category
- Foster in the team a culture of innovative thinking and a drive to see results all the way through the system
- An accomplished marketer and brand builder, who has achieved success leading development of brands and businesses; likely has 10-15+ years’ experience including five + years’ experience managing a marketing organization
- Strong background in creating consumer engagement via integrated marketing plans; has a track record of courageous creative thinking
- Has a passion for and an intuitive sense about brands and creative integrated marketing communication including new media
- Ability to think creatively and proactively influence the brand and manage marketing efforts in a dynamic and highly competitive market
- Has the appropriate sensibility for a premium brand environment, and experience leading brands with a strong image/lifestyle component is strongly preferre
- Ideally, will have had a role with global or international exposure and/or working with a foreign parent
- Interested in an international career with Pernod Ricard
- Entrepreneurial and strong results orientation; able to drive things across the finish line and operate at a fast pace
- Combines strategic and analytical ability with conceptual creative thinking
- Collaborative and a bridge builder; can integrate and align cross functional teams
- Politically astute and organizationally agile
- Inspirational leader; with strong influencing ability and compelling communication skills
- Strong leader and coach; team-focused
- High energy, driven and passionate
- Flexible and open to ideas
- Self-assured and resilient; courage of his/her convictions with the ability to push back as necessary
- Confident; yet not ego invested
- Brings passion and high energy
Bachelor’s Degree and MBA are required.
Estimate: 25 - 30% of time.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an equal opportunity employer.
The many alcoholic beverages made by Pernod Ricard find their way to the thristy US consumer through Pernod Ricard USA, which operates five...