Seedco is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Vice President overseeing Seedco's national programming in the area of Work and Family Supports. The Work and Family Supports provides program management services and technical assistance to expanding national networks of faith-based and community organizations and other service providers that have partnered to provide benefits access, housing counseling and conditional cash transfers to low income individuals and their families. The Vice President's current role will be to lead the Department's signature program, Earn Benefits. Seedco has developed a two-pronged approach that couples smart technology with its community provider networks in 7 states to connect low wage workers to critical benefits and work supports including New York City. The EarnBenefits program implements large scale state and federally funded benefits access program. Seedco is seeking a dynamic leader who can ensure that our current grant funded programs operate at the highest standards of excellence and performance, and help to expand the reach of our program and technical assistance services in our existing states and in new locations. In addition, the Vice President will work closely with Seedco's technology partners to ensure a smooth transition of the EarnBenefits Online technology platform into a new technology company that Seedco and other social service organizations across the country will license from.
Primary Job Functions:
As part of a senior management team for New York City Operations, the Vice President will:
The Vice President will report to Seedco's Senior Vice President for NYC Programs.
- Provide program management and fiscal oversight for all EarnBenefits programs implemented via over 40 community based organizations;
- Manage $2 million annual budget with comprised of 6 major government contracts/private grants and more than a dozen subcontracts; Oversee fiscal management and program and financial reporting.
- Drive performance management and compliance activities for all operating initiatives in the portfolio;
- Supervise a staff of 4 Program Managers/Senior and Program Associates and oversee supervision for up to 15 operations staff;
- Manage key relationships with government agencies, foundations and other strategic partner organizations;
- Lead efforts to win new government and private contracts for benefits access and other work and family support;
- Participate in grant proposal writing;
- Develop cross site learning opportunities;
- Provide strategic guidance in the expansion of the national networks.
Supervisory Reports : Health Care Project Director
Baltimore EarnBenefits Associate
Atlanta EarnBenefits Program Manager
New York EarnBenefits Program Associate EarnBenefits Program Assistant
EarnBenefits Business Development Coordinator
Total staff: 6
Interacts with: NYC HRA, Community Based Program partners, 915 Broadway staff, Sr. Management team, Various community stakeholders.
Education and Related Work Experience:
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the fields of asset building, public benefits, workforce development or health and human services.
- At least 3 years of experience supervising multiple staff.
- Experience managing government contracts.
- Ability to travel on a monthly basis
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal, time-management and communications skills required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups, education providers, government agencies and private foundations preferred. National experience is highly desired
- Excellent computer skills and proven facility with data management, process flow, spreadsheet and database tracking systems.
- Commitment to innovative community economic and workforce development, non-profit capacity building, entrepreneurship and community lending.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.