POSITION TITLE: Vice-President of Marketing & Advertising
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISES: Director of Marketing & Advertising; Senior Art Director;
Digital Marketing & Operations Manager; Web Designer; SEO/SEM Specialist: Marketing Assistant; Other Future Marketing Staff
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: 100%
Established in 1978, Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA), a Florida 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the world’s most recognized marine life rescue center, and is dedicated to rehabilitation and release, and environmental education. CMA is one of the fastest growing organizations in the world. Winter the dolphin’s story of survival and inspiration has touched millions of people around the world. A major motion picture, Dolphin Tale, about her life story was produced and released globally by Warner Bros.-based Alcon Entertainment, starring Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick, Jr., and Ashley Judd. Dolphin Tale was the #1 movie in North America in its second week. The movie and its accompanying global media campaign have created unparalleled marketing and promotional opportunities for CMA. The documentary, “Winter: The Dolphin that Could”, takes viewers on an extraordinary journey through her rescue, fight to stay alive and extensive rehabilitation. Scholastic published Winter’s Tail: How One Little Dolphin Learned to Swim Again in October 2009, and two books on Dolphin Tale in September, 2011.
CMA currently has 65 full-time staff, moiré than 100 with part-time employees. CMA is also supported by more than 1,000 active volunteers. The 2012 annual attendance is estimated at 200,000 and is projected to increase to 500,000 in 2012.
The VP of Marketing & Advertising is responsible for providing vision, direction, strategic leadership, and implementation for all aspects of marketing and advertising at Clearwater Marine Aquarium. As a senior staff officer, s/he will oversee a comprehensive effort to progressively increase local, national and global marketing initiatives. S/he will be an active member of the organization’s senior management team.
- Direct oversight and management of the following personnel:
o Director of Marketing & Advertising
o Senior Art Director
o Digital Marketing & Operations Manager
o Web Designer
o SEO/SEM Specialist
o Marketing Assistant
o Other Future Marketing Staff
- Set overall annual marketing and advertising goals and budgets with the CEO
- Development of budgets and annual plans for each area of oversight.
- Develop, propose, and fully implement all approved marketing and advertising initiatives for CMA, including but not limited to the following areas:
1. Gate admission revenues
2. Retail sales
3. National and local corporate sponsorships
4. Website monetization
5. CMA Membership program
6. Private events
7. Brand licensing
- Supervise all initiatives, from conception of strategies through implementation.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing and advertising programs and activities.
Professional Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position will offer:
- 10 years marketing and advertising experience in comparable industries with 5 years in a senior management position, including management oversight of at least two staff.
- Experience in pitching, negotiating and implementing major corporate sponsorships is highly desired
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field(s).
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Substantial experience working with business and industry press.
- Proven, strong leadership and management skills.
- Experience with institutional branding and communication is highly desired.
- Experience in the strategic planning, implementation and management of comprehensive fundraising campaigns is desired.
- A demonstrated capacity to lead, manage and motivate professional and support staff members, senior staff, Board members, and volunteers.
- Experience in fiscal management and budget development.
- Exceptional strength in writing and editing, with the ability to supervise others in this capacity.
- Appreciation of the mission of CMA and an ability to effectively communicate that mission.
- Must be a self-starting individual with a clear set of priorities but with the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances.
Compensation and Benefits:
The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, matching 401(k) program, and paid time off (PTO).
Email cover letter and resume to Dawn DeSantis, Assistant Vice President of Guest Relations/Human Resources, Clearwater Marine Aquarium
Clearwater Marine Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Calls or walk ins please