Video Conferencing Sales Engineer
Location: Greater New York City Area
Type of Position: Full-Time
Job Description: Video Conferencing Sales Engineer
The Video Conferencing Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force. The Video Conferencing Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales director as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Video Conferencing Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to video conferencing end users, video conferencing integrators, video conferencing customers and video designers. This position must be able to identify all technical issues to assure complete customer and reseller satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Support the Sales Managers at pre-sale stage
- Understand the client’s business and system requirements and specifications
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals to present to clients (including tenders and RFP’s)
- Provide on-site and remote demonstrations
- Provide detailed narratives for proposed solutions
- Engaging effectively with senior IT professionals
- Providing a consultative service to both technical and non-technical managers and end-users
- Travel throughout sales territory; 60-70% of the time
- Work independently or as a Team member
- Work under pressure
- Contribution to sales pipeline/ funnel
- Ability to work after hours when needed
- Sound knowledge of video conferencing and associated collaboration technologies
- Experience of Cisco, Polycom, LifeSize, Radvision videoconferencing would be distinctly preferable
- Experience of MS Windows Server, Exchange and Lync are also highly desirable
- Good understanding of IP technology and network topology
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, able to build strong rapport
- Experience of writing and delivering training programs and presentations
Will require lifting of equipment weighing 25lbs, bending, climbing stairs and reaching above 5 feet on a regular basis.
ClearOne is a global company that designs, develops and sells conferencing, collaboration, streaming and digital signage solutions for audio and visual communications. The performance and simplicity of its advanced comprehensive solutions offer unprecedented levels of functionality, reliability and scalability. More information about the company can be found at www.clearone.com .
Our employees are at the core of our success. We believe it is essential to support them with a competitive compensation package, benefit programs and opportunities for advancement.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com
This job reports to: VP of Video Conferencing Business
ClearOne Communications - 16 months ago