Posting Job Title: Video Journalist, FL – News 14 Raleigh
Requisition #: 147207BR
Posting Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Area of Interest: Cable Television Production
Position Type: Part Time
Posting Job Description
The reporter's role in the newsroom is to take an idea and turn it in to a finished television story that informs, educates and entertains our viewers. This position is responsible for developing story ideas, shooting, writing, reporting and editing news stories and video on a daily basis.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute ideas to editorial meetings by generating and developing story ideas using beat sources, contacts and leads.
- Report, shoot, write, edit news stories and compose graphics within assigned deadlines.
- Research ideas using contacts, the internet, and other media sources.
- Schedule and shoot interviews and video for news stories.
- Write and edit news stories using linear and non-linear edit systems.
- Deliver on-air stories, including live reports and breaking news coverage, demonstrating energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality.
- Represent News 14 Carolina in the community.
- Adhere to established journalistic ethics, standards and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Journalism, Communications or commensurate experience.
- Prior television news, radio or print experience required.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of events, issues, and newsmakers in assigned markets and beats.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and practice all aspects of television news gathering and story production.
- Have a valid NC driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 30 lbs.
Only candidates that submit their resumes online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered. Additionally, to be considered for an on-air position send a cover letter, resume and DVD to:
News 14 - Video Journalist Position
ATTN: News Director
2505 Atlantic Ave., Ste. 102
Raleigh, NC 27604
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment
FCC Unit_TWC: NWCAR - Local News Carolinas
Controlling Establishment ID: 00232 - Raleigh Atlantic Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 8 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...