Braille Institute of America, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to eliminate blindness and severe sight loss as a barrier to the fulfillment of life. Through educational training, programs and services, Braille Institute helps people regain and maintain their independence through five regional centers (Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Orange County, Rancho Mirage, and San Diego) and through more than 135 community outreach programs.
We currently are seeking a Vision Connect (Call Center) Manager at our Los Angeles facility. Reporting to an Associate Vice President, this position is responsible for:
- Managing the functions of Vision Connect and the public response system including: developing the system into a vision loss resource for Southern California;
- Integrating follow up functions for Regional Centers and Philanthropy;
- Integrating evaluation of Braille Institute services to support performance management efforts;
- Implementing quality control measures for every aspect of services;
- Developing an incentive program to support QA measures;
- Defining skills required for assignments, training and supervising volunteers;
- Consulting with Volunteer Services on recruitment of interns;
- Developing, implementing, analyzing and communicating about data regarding the effectiveness of Vision Connect;
- Analyzing trends and research call center and volunteer use best practices;
- Improving Vision Connect effectiveness and/or create new initiatives.
- Bachelors degree in a related field, or the equivalent in work experience is strongly preferred;
- Intermediate knowledge of volunteer/staff professional development is required;
- Must be computer proficient with MS Office, Internet;
- Must have strong communication, presentation, organization and research skills and independent problem solving skills;
- Must have ability to work independently and supervise and lead teams is required;
- At least three (3) years of experience managing a call-center at a university, non-profit or business is strongly preferred;
- Prior experience supervising and training staff and volunteers;
- Quality assurance experience preferred.
idealist.org - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard