This mission centered full-time position, under the supervision of the Vision Share - Tissue Distribution Manager, aids in placing corneal tissue to surgeons, eye banks, and researchers world-wide as well as collecting accurate and complete recipient records while establishing, maintaining, and building relationships with both new and existing clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitate fair and equitable distribution of corneal tissue both nationally and internationally
• Strategically work to maximize the reimbursement received for every tissue placed/distributed
• Communicate shipping and delivery arrangements of all corneal tissue placed
• Maintain, manage, and distribute weekly surgery volume schedules
• Keep accurate and up to date accounts, interactions and events in the Customer Relations Management tool (FMYI)
• Coordinate all research tissue placement efforts through, but not limited to the following: Securing new outlets, evaluating reimbursement rates, and the placement and shipment of all tissues
• Perform technical functions, as needed, such as labeling, packing, and delivery of tissue
An Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities can be acquired is necessary. Customer service and/or marketing experience preferred. Working knowledge of medical industry and/or eye banking preferred. Ability to type 60 wpm. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by foundation.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving abilities. Working knowledge of corneal anatomy, slit lamp and specular microscope evaluations and relevant surgical procedures involving corneal and scleral transplantation preferred. Ability to work with distraction and to multi-task. Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office, general database, and web-based applications.
Will require professional interaction both inside the organization and with clients and/or outside agencies. Must have a high attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work independently, at times with little oversight. Ability to handle the mental/physical strain involved in the use of printed materials, computer screens, and extensive phone usage. Moderate manual dexterity for basic keyboard work. May require long periods of sitting. Availability to work holidays, nights, and weekends in an on-call status.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume through application link.
Saving Sight - 10 months ago
At SaveSight Vision Centre, our team of professionals aim to "save your sight. We are dedicated to the task of detecting age-related...