UALR Functional Title
Visiting Assistant Clinical Professor / T99972
School of Law
The Visiting Assistant Clinical Professor works under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Programs of the UALR William H. Bowen School of Law. This is a 25 hour per week part-time renewable position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Training, supervising, and mentoring 4 – 6 law students per semester.
- Provides advice, services, and direct representation to clients.
- Develops informational and legal education materials and pro se legal tools.
- Conducts community education outreach events.
- Assumes general administrative responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior experience with or training in consumer protection issues including, but not limited to landlord/tenant, mortgage and debtor issues.
- Possess superb lawyering skills, strong teaching ability, and the communication and interpersonal skills essential to being an effective clinical teacher.
- Scholarship in the field.
- Familiarity with, and interest in, working in low income and diverse communities.
- Commitment to public interest work and strong desire to assist indigent clients.
Required Education and/or Experience
A J.D. is required. A license to practice in the State of Arkansas is required. Experience with or training in consumer protection issues including, but not limited to landlord/tenant, mortgage and debtor issues.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Bilingual language skills will be favorably considered.
Background Check Requirements
01 - Criminal/Financial
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Frequently, Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Frequently, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Frequently, Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Non-Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants, who would like to attach a sample syllabus as supporting documentation, may upload the document under the category of “Other Documents (As Indicated in Special Instructions to Applicants)” during the application process.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 10 months ago