The Department of Surgery seeking a full time Visiting Research Specialist in the Division of Transplant Surgery. The qualified candidate will
contribute to the design and delivery of research projects and collaborates with researchers to develop, execute and interpret research projects. Performs complex laboratory and data collection techniques.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Principle Investigator and researchers to develop objectives and design of research projects and proposals
- Formulate and conduct scientific experiments and analysis. Performs complex data collection and laboratory techniques. Analyze and evaluate test and research results.
- Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods, procedures and techniques.
- Develop and write advanced, comprehensive experimental protocols.
- Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
- Contribute material, prepare results and assist in the writing of research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents for publication.
- Assist principal investigator in grant and manuscript submission.
- Guide, train and advise lower level researchers and students on techniques, methods and procedures.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in science or related field required. Master’s degree in science preferred. A minimum of 3 years related research experience. Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods. Applicants should be proficient in specific lab research techniques.
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit a letter of application and CV by July 3, 2014 to
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Back to Job Board
University of Illinois at Chicago - 5 months ago