The Visual Manager executes visual presentations that
support key company initiatives and drive overall sales
volume. The Visual Manager is responsible for driving
store sales and exceeding customer service expectations
through singular, tactical ownership of all visual
merchandising and presentation within the store. He/she
will exploit trends and focus on proprietary brands that
maximize sales and train store personnel as well as
implement Brand Presentation Standards to ensure
storewide consistency. This is an ideal opportunity to
leverage experience as a merchant and drive sales in an
autonomous and entrepreneurial environment. The Visual
Manager reports directly to the General Manager.
fashion and exploiting trends in all visual
- Act as the store’s fashion leader, highlighting
execution and guideline directives with a strong hand in
- Oversee and implement all placement, standards of
overall flow, merchandising and store layout through
displays, fixtures, signing, marketing, lighting, wall
presentations and assets.
executives and sales associates to be fashion/ trend
- Execute bi-weekly training sessions to train
oriented and responsive to newness.
how to highlight and present newness in stores, in line
- Partner with General Manager to continually strategize
with Central Guidelines and with consistently excellent
supporting corporate branding initiatives: in-store
- Achieve brand consistency and enhancements by
campaigns, windows, etc.
“best-of” recap including photos of all trend and shop
- Produce written recaps by zone and create a monthly
presentations, store’s best practices and successes.
and share applicable growth ideas.
- Highlight new ideas coming from store as a way to find
flow challenges within the store.
- Take a leadership role in communication, direction and
Senior Executives and peer group to develop solutions,
- Work closely with Central Visual Merchandising Dept.,
influence business growth and drive learning and
awareness of excellent store standards among store
- Maintain control of hour usage (i.e. no unauthorized
requested by Central Visual Merchandising Dept.
- Maintain and pass all loan book audits.
- Perform asset inventories and audits regularly as
General Manager and Operations for fixture and hardware
- Maintain back-of-the-house standards, partnering with
merchant team (Buyers & Planners).
- Act as the “go-to” person for in-store visits from the
- Identify, network with and hire the best external
executives to the next level.
- Retain talent. Be committed to the development of key
customer each day.
- Deliver our Signature Customer Experience to each
- B.S./B.A. from an accredited 4 year college or
- Minimum of 2+ years of retail experience in visual
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Lord & Taylor - Stores - 18 months ago