"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
At UTHealth, our faculty and staff are committed to discovering possibilities to address the health and well-being of today's generations as well as tomorrow's generation.
Bring your clinical expertise, knowledge and passion for improving lives to help find new and better ways to treat and care for our patients. We are searching for LVNs to join our team in improving the way medicine is delivered.
Multiple opportunities may exist in various areas.
By completing an application, you will be considered for positions for which your skills and qualifications are deemed a match to the needs of a current or future opening within this category. If you have a specific position of interest, you will have the opportunity to indicate this upon submitting your application.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please indicate any specific position/department you wish to be considered for.
In this role, you will provide paraprofessional assistance to medical professionals to ensure quality patient care. The medical care you provide to patients does not require the specialization and/or skill of a professional nurse.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Assists medical doctors and registered nurses with various medical techniques.
2. Administers various medical tests and measurements to patients.
3. Makes appointments, schedules laboratory tests, posts charts, and refills prescriptions.
4. Advises patients on care of incisions, medication and other simple health care problems.
5. Stocks examination rooms, sterilizes instruments, and prepares patients for exams.
6. Performing routine laboratory procedures under direction of supervisor and assisting in maintenance of equipment.
7. Must be able to respond to emergency situations.
8. Other duties as assigned
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE I:
LVN License issued by the Texas Board of Nursing AND No experience required.
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE II:
LVN license issued by the Texas Board of Nursing AND five years (5) experience required; supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous research experience is preferred for LVNs working in research environment.
- Current Texas Licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Excellent communication and decision making abilities.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard