Provides paraprofessional assistance to medical professionals to ensure quality patient care. Provides
medical care to patients not requiring the specialization and/or skill of a professional nurse
Additional Summary Specific to Job
1. Recruits and screens patients, collects specimens as necessary for research project and in accord with research protocols.
2. Coordinates research screenings with local schools and helps plan staffing of screens
3. Enrolls suitable candidates, ensuring all necessary documentation is collected and processed. Provides basic background and education to participants regarding the research project, and potential risks or benefits of participation.
4. Inputs data and maintains research databases and related records needed for research.
5. Maintains study related documents and regulatory paperwork/approvals as required.
6. Schedules follow-up visits and maintains contact with patients, patients families, department staff, pharmaceutical company representatives, other faculty members and researchers.
7. Supervise divisional MAs in coordinating patient visits and follow up from hypertension clinic.
8. Makes appointments, schedules laboratory tests, posts charts, and refills prescriptions.
9. Must be able to respond to emergency situations.
10. Other duties as assigned
LVN License issued by the Texas Board of Nursing. No experience required.
* Current Texas Licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
Two years' experience requested. Previous research experience is preferred.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...