"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides paraprofessional assistance to medical professionals to ensure quality patient care. Provides
medical care to patients not requiring the specialization and/or skill of a professional nurse.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
This position is for 2 openings at our Sienna Clinic.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Assists medical doctors and registered nurses with various medical techniques;
2) Administers various medical tests and measurements to patients;
3) Makes appointments, schedules lab tests, posts charts and refills prescriptions;
4) Advises patients on care of incisions, medications, and other simple health problems;
5) Stocks exam rooms, sterilizes instruments, and prepares patients for exams;
6) Performs routine lab procedures under the direction of supervisor and assisting in maintenance of equipment;
7) Must be able to respond to emergency situations; other duties as assigned
LVN License issued by the Texas Board of Nursing. No experience required.
* Current Texas Licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
2 openings at our Sienna Clinic
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...