UT Health "Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides paraprofessional assistance to medical professionals to ensure quality patient care. Provides
medical care to patients not requiring the specialization and/or skill of a professional nurse.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Assists medical doctors and registered nurses with various medical techniques;
2) Administers various medical tests and measurements to patients;
3) Makes appointments, schedules lab tests, posts charts and refills prescription;
4) Advises patients on care of incisions, medications, and other simple health problems;
5) Stocks exam rooms, sterilizes instruments, and prepares patients for exams;
6) Performs routine lab procedures under direction of supervisor and assisting in maintenance of equipment;
7) Must be able to respond to emergency situations; Other duties as assigned.
LVN License issued by the Texas Board of Nursing. No experience required.
* Current Texas Licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
Current Texas Licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
LVN license issued by the Texas Board of Nursing
Five years experience required; supervisory experience preferred. Previous research experience is preferred for LVNs working in research environment
Position is located at our Bellaire West Loop Clinic.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...