The Vocational Skills Technician (VST) supports employment opportunities for individuals on-site and alternatives to employment for individuals in the community. VST’s provides assistance in living, employment, and communication skills. The Vocational Skills Technician provides the expertise regarding the work force and their ability to maintain employment options that match the client’s abilities to be independent, integrated, and productive.
This position is primarily a direct care position in a vocational setting.
Locates assistive technology including co-workers and match these with persons with disabilities so they can develop and enhance employment options.
Assists persons with developmental disabilities to analyze their own employment related strengths: (a) Develops communication processes and capabilities for persons with developmental disabilities to make their desires and abilities known. (b) Documents the “language” and communication style for each person developing their employment option. (c) Describes the knowledge, skills, capabilities, and aspirations of the participants. (d) Documents accommodations that need to be made to make employment options a reality. (e) Performs Federal Wage and Hour time studies and reports results to manager. (f) provides personal care (feeding, meds, toileting, etc.) to participants.
Assists persons with developmental disabilities to evaluate work options and select the one that best matches the persons’ needs and desires and develops the training they need for employment.
Assists persons with developmental disabilities to develop a support network that provides consultation and expertise to make the work successful.
Assists persons with developmental disabilities to increase or maintain the work level. Assist persons with developmental disabilities to develop a safe and healthful work environment to prevent accidents and injuries.
Cooperates in all aspects of the CCS health and safety program: (a) Reports all injuries to the supervisor by the end of the shift on which they occur. (b) Wears required personal protective equipment. (c) Attends agency health and safety training sessions. (d) Reviews and practices recommended health and safety procedures. (e) Reports hazardous conditions or other safety and health concerns to the supervisor by the end of the shift on which they are observed.
Assists persons with developmental disabilities in activities of daily living as necessary. This may include feeding, toileting, and meeting their personal care needs.
Completes other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School or GED is required.
- At least six months experience working with developmentally disabled population in direct care role preferred .
- Prefer applicant with knowledge of: the principles of normalization, use of least restrictive environments, behavior modification, Individual Support Planning, data-based skill training systems and human development.
- Experience in providing skill training or vocational programs for persons with developmental disabilities a plus.
- Must have a good driving record with a valid Oregon drivers license to be able to drive the company van to transport clients.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Must have a negative TB test.
- Dependable transportation is required.
- Must be able lift up to 75 lbs for a total of up to 150 lbs in a 2 person lift.
- Must be able to complete fours hours of diversity training per year (provided by company).
This position requires a pre-employment physical, drug test, and TB test.
Catholic Community Services is an equal opportunity employer which selects, promotes, and transfers employees without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran's status, age, associations, expunged juvenile record, family relationships, disability, sexual orientation, or application for Worker's Compensation benefits.
Catholic Community Services is a non-profit, faith-based organization. Founded in Salem in 1938, today CCS offers 17 programs across 9...