A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
The Volleyball Head Coach/Sports Information Specialist is responsible for the day to day operation of the Volleyball program and coordinates the department's sports information activities including game management. The volleyball head coach/sports information specialist will assist the Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation with the long term planning and development of the volleyball program. In addition he/she may be required to teach activity courses within the Physical Education program.
Benefits: 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, 21 vacation days fronted, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and up to 15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Compensation: $40,000s depending on education and experience.
Priority Screening Date: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by February 18th, 2013.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
Volleyball Head Coach
Sports Information Specialist
- Schedule, plan, and direct all practices, scrimmages and contests
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of opposing teams in order to develop game strategies
- Keep records of athlete, team, and opposing team performance
- Provide training direction, encouragement, and motivation to prepare athletes for competitive events
- Coordinate all aspects of team travel
- Provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance
- Monitor the academic performance of the women's volleyball student-athletes by reviewing all student-athletes' academic standing on a regular basis and develop individual progress plans, if necessary
- Administer and enforce the LCCC Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
- Maintain, store and issue all equipment and other materials pertaining to the women's volleyball program
- Monitor and maintain the women's volleyball program budget
- Establish and maintain regular office hours meeting the approval of the Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation
- Work with Admissions, Financial Aid, and other departments to ensure appropriate registration, admission, and other administrative processing of student athletes
- Attend all mandatory LCCC, Region IX and NJCAA meetings
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to collegiate volleyball
- Plan and direct physical conditioning programs that will enable student-athletes to achieve maximum performance
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations
- Maintain statistics for all LCCC sports in accordance with NJCAA and Region IX regulations
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the LCCC Public Relations department, the production of all athletic publications and athletic website content
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the LCCC Integrated Technology department, the production of all athletic event webcasts
- Assist the Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation with management and supervision of all contests and events
- Maintain historical statistics and records for all LCCC sports programs
- Serve as the department liaison to the media and first point of contact regarding all athletically related matters.
- Teach physical education activity courses as needed
- Bachelor's Degree and three or more years of volleyball coaching experience
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- Collegiate head coaching experience
- Master's Degree in a related field
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County Community College - 23 months ago