The Volunteer Manager is responsible for the recruitment, cultivation and supervision of volunteers for all fundraising events, programs and office activities. This will include outreach to the general public as well as engaging internal participants. In addition, this position is responsible for the recruitment of chapter interns.
Essential Function/Responsibilities: (List % of Time) 1. Develop, implement and manage volunteer recruitment and event day management strategies for all Mass Market Events. (50% of time) Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with Mass Market Event Director to create comprehensive volunteer recruitment campaign plan, communication plan and goals document for each event and implement these plans.
• Develop online and offline registration forms and coordinate volunteer assignments based off of event needs and volunteer interest/skillset. In addition, assignments will be communicated via email or mail to all registered volunteers.
• Management of the pre event trainings for core volunteer positions and event day volunteers. Mass Market Event volunteer needs range from 200-1,000 depending on the event.
• Manage volunteer forces day of event(s). 2. Work with all departments to identify and coordinate chapter wide volunteer needs and engage volunteers for events, programs and special projects. (30% of time)
• Collaborate with chapter staff to develop and revise position descriptions to fit available volunteer roles.
• Utilize various online and offline recruitment methods to fill volunteer positions.
• Screen, interview, assist with placement of volunteers filling chapter wide needs.
• Provide direct management, guidance, training, and coordination of projects for In Office Volunteer Teams. 3. Develop and manage volunteer database, procedures for effective communications and chapter guidelines for enhancing volunteer engagement experience. (10% of time)
• Effectively utilize volunteer database to manage volunteer contact information, recruitment sources, areas of interest, skills & certifications, and other information to place volunteers accordingly.
• Create and manage volunteer pages and registration forms on chapter and event websites to communicate new volunteer opportunities, training opportunities, and volunteer assignment materials in a timely and efficient manner.
• Work with Communication Department staff to utilize marketing materials and social media resources to recruit, engage and incentivize volunteers.
• Implement volunteer recognition/appreciation efforts to enhance volunteer relationships with chapter. 4. Implement and manage internship and work-study programs chapter wide. (10% of time) Other duties and responsibilities
• Participate in home office activities relating to volunteer engagement
• Collaborate with chapter leadership on volunteer activities as outlined in strategic plan
• Create an annual plan of operations and budget for volunteer program
Requirements : Minimum Education:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Preferably in Volunteer Management/Non-Profit Business Minimum Experience:
• Minimum of 3 -5 years of experience in volunteer management.
• Interpersonal skills should include ability to manage relationships.
• Strong operational skills including organization, communication and keeping on point. Technical Skills:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Public speaking skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to maintain and utilize a database
3-5 years experience in volunteer managment
How TO APPLY:
How To Apply:
To apply for this position or to see other employment opportunities with the National MS Society please visit our online Career Center using the web-link below. We no longer accept mailed, faxed, or e-mailed resumes. Please apply for positions directly through our website. Only those candidates deemed most qualified will be contacted to interview. EOE M/F/D/V
Careers at the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Join the Movement® Welcome to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. MS stops people from moving. We exist to make sure it doesn’t. Our dedicated employees in chapters and offices around the country are addressing the challenges of each person affected by MS. They are raising funds for cutting edge research, driving change through advocacy, providing education to healthcare professionals, and providing programs and services to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
City Limits - 16 months ago