WIRELESS TECHNICIAN [CWA06-MOB]
Must demonstrate a high proficiency in monitoring, maintenance and repair of all major network system components with minimal or no supervision and assists others in resolving complex and/or chronic problems. Demonstrates high proficiency in resolving most complex problems with all Cell Site components, including transmission facilities that connect to the Mobile Switching Center. Able to train others and give technical assistance when called upon. Assumes 24 hour on call duty when assigned. Must maintain an acceptable driving record. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The essential functions listed below are representative of duties performed by this job title. Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:
Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
Uses sophisticated electronic test equipment, measuring devices, meters and hand tools in analyzing, adjusting, installing, wiring, repairing, maintaining and testing wireless, transmission, and associated equipment.
Performs required incidental and preventative maintenance on cell site, power equipment, transmission, and associated equipment, and completes necessary logs, reports and postings.
Operates Personal Computer, or similar devices, to access required systems and equipment.
Coordinates clearing of trouble with other groups and organizations, and works with other employees and / or customers in the maintenance and installation of wireless service.
Moves and / or lifts material weighing up to a maximum of 60 pounds. Must be able to drive long distances safely to complete job assignments.
Works independently, with minimal, or no supervision.
Provides instruction, assistance, and guidance to other technicians, and work groups as required.
Perform Network surveillance and emergency response as necessary. Normally required to be available for after hours projects, On-Call duty, and overtime.
Drives Company vehicle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR A PARTICULAR JOB:
Conduct collection and presentation of field data of cellular / PCS Market as required.
Perform basic grounding system maintenance.
Basic knowledge of pertinent FCC / FAA / EPA / OSHA regulations.
Perform manual or electronic cross connect functions.
Perform translations, use software modification computer inputs to create, modify, and/or correct database contents, i.e. cell translations, microwave system analysis, Digital Cross Connect administration/operation.
May be responsible for implementation of new services / technologies / equipment, as required.
- Must have unimpaired hearing, able to communicate orally and via telephone.
- Ability to distinguish between colors, read printed material, lift/carry 60 pounds, climb stairs/ladders, must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or work in other uncomfortable positions to accomplish tasks.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to work with hand tools.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- May require minimum qualifying score on Basic Skills Test.
- Requires minimum qualifying score on Ramsay Corporation Job Skills, Cellular Technician, Form TBS Test. Must also have at least 2 years related technical training, or prior related experience.
- Must have 2 years experience as a Wireless Technician II or 1 year as a Wireless Technician II and 1 year as a MSC/RNOC Technician II or equivalent job related technical experience
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night hours; overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. Must assume 24-hour on-call duty when assigned.
- Requires valid state driver's license, or CDL, whichever is applicable, and satisfactory driving record check.
- May require ability to drive vehicle with manual gearshift.
- May require security check.
- May be required to be away from home location for extended periods of time.
- May work outside in all type of weather.
- Must have satisfactory job performance on current position, relating to work performance, attendance, and safety, to be considered for this position.
- Classroom training. May be away from home location.
- On-the-job training.
- Computer Based Training.
Provisions listed in these Job Descriptions may be changed or modified by AT&T Mobility without prior notice at any time, at the Company's sole discretion.
AT&T - 14 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...