Make a Difference
TOWER TECHNICIAN FOREMAN- DALLAS, TEXAS
Certifications must be met in order to qualify. Proof of certifications is required!! Local candidates are preferred.
Parsons offers the stability and recognition of an industry leader coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver landmark commercial infrastructure that supports global initiatives in energy, power, renewables, environmental, healthcare, education, communications and capital improvement programs. We are hiring colleagues with a “can do” mindset. If you thrive in a high energy environment and on professional challenges, let’s get started! Parsons delivers safer, healthier and more sustainable communities.
The Tower Technician Foreman organizes, executes and oversees tower and ground construction activities for assigned wireless sites. Coordinates the activities of internal crafts and subcontractors. Ensures continuity of job progress and maximizes efficiencies. For assigned sites, serves as the local point of contact with the area construction superintendent, client peers, subcontractors, permitting jurisdictions and utility providers. Responsible for site safety, quality, schedule and regulatory compliance. Required on site daily at construction site(s).
Specifically you will:
• Assist assigned Field Manager or Construction Supervisor in planning site activities.
• Direct and supervise the tower crew in execution of the daily safety and work plan in keeping with supervisor direction.
• Schedule and manage subcontractors and materials delivery. May work closely with radio systems installation technicians.
• Ensure safety and quality control requirements at your sites and with your crew.
• Maintain daily paperwork & compile all site-specific closeout documentation for your work effort.
• Coordinate with customer and/or site owner representative for site related activities and maintain a good working relationship with each.
• Reports schedule progress as needed to supervisor.
• Provide leadership, guidance and actively train / promote learning to all crew members.
• Maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition at all times.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position
The successful Tower Technician Foreman will have the following education/certifications/experience:
• 5 years industry experience
• Previous experience as foreman on tower & antenna systems related scopes
• Specific experience with microwave systems and/or wireless carrier builds
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and driver history that complies with company motor vehicle policy.
• Must have or obtain documented Authorized Climber & Competent Climber/Rescue certification from an accredited institution that meets the federal standards. Certification for Climber Training a plus.
• Must have completed an RF/EME safety course from a competent provider with documentation
• Must have or obtain OSHA Construction 10 HR Safety Training Card issued by the US Department of Labor. Completion of a 30 HR OSHA course a plus.
• Must have or obtain Anritsu Site Master Certification. PIM tester certification a plus.
• Certifications in various manufacturer short haul microwave radio systems a plus.
Additional skills/competencies required:
Demonstrated knowledge of & installation/test experience with : a) cellular antennas/mounting, b) coaxial systems & diplexers, c) remote electrical downtilts/Bias-Ts, d) site & equipment grounding, e) antenna mounts for all structure types, f) sweep/PIM testing, g) remote radio heads, h) fiber/DC power hybrid cables, i) power over Ethernet (POE) systems, f) civils/tower construction & quality assurance practices and g) construction safety practices. Ability to read engineering construction drawings & redline as needed. Ability to analyze antenna systems and component sweep test data, earth resistance test data & ground systems tests. Ability to provide accurate man-hour and equipment effort analysis for job costing.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
• Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 50 lbs. and pull his/her own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time. (A fit for duty test may be applied)
• Must be comfortable climbing & working at heights on towers, rooftops, water towers and other elevated structures.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Parsons Corporation - 21 months ago
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...