Webb Murray, a Total Safety Company, is seeking a Senior designer to be responsible for the design of projects and holds applicable licenses and/or certificates to perform or supervise the work.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED TO CARRY OUT THE JOB:
- High school diploma/GED or higher degree in an applicable discipline, preferable fire protection.
- 5 + years experience (working as a designer).
- Hold NICET certificates (Levels III or higher in one or more fire protection fields). If no NICET certifications, have a minimum of 15 years experience and be capable of NICET Level II certification(s) in two (2) years.
- Hold other state engineering/design licenses as required.
- Be proficient in the area specific design (water based suppression, fire alarm/detection, etc.)
Learning Curve: How much time is required to effectively perform the job? 3-6
- Specific training in design software/techniques and/or product design.
- CAD training (AutoCAD 2009© or higher)
E SSENTIAL - MAIN ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT:
E – 70% - Providing design for the specific project.
E – 10% - Providing direction to project team members (status reports, schedule updates, cost summaries as required.)
E - 5% - Provide customer interface including presentations, meeting attendance/input,
E – 15% - Provide construction personnel with design assistance including interpretation of design and design changes as required.
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES (INTERMITTENT, ON AN OCCASIONAL BASIS, ETC.):
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF THE JOB:
- Code updates – summaries to engineering/design group.
- Product or design software updates - summaries to engineering/design group.
Revenue or budget managed : 100% of project budget.
Supervisory Responsibility :
Complexity of Duties and Decisions :
- Degree of supervision received or the degree of autonomy given: The degree to which supervisor outlines the methods to be followed or results to be obtained and checks work or progress.
- No direct supervision of engineering/design personnel.
- Responsible for design in accordance with applicable and/or recognized codes standards.
- Responsible for providing applicable and/or recognized codes for the project.
- Determine, when applicable, alternate design methods.
INTERPERSONAL / COMMUNICATIONS:
- Responsible for the most efficient (cost efficient, constructability) design of a project.
- Responsible for design using readily available materials and equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND DEMANDS:
- Capable of defining requirements to design team members.
- Required to interface with the customer (verbally and written).
Work Environment :
- Primarily in office environment.
- Occasional field survey work in customer facilities
- 20% field (in plant) survey.
- 80% office work.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an exempt managerial position and is therefore not subject to overtime.
Employee Benefit s include relatively standard Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost sharing basis with the company, wherein Total Safety pays approximately 75% of the cost for employee coverage and for dependant coverage. The medical program is a part of a PPO Network, but also allows the employee to select vendors outside of the network at an increased co-payment amount. The company provides group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance for all employees at no cost to the employee. A voluntary program of group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available to all employees. The employee pays the entire cost of this coverage, if selected. The company offers a 401(k) Retirement Plan, available to all employees, allowing for discretionary company contributions based on profits. The company pays for all administrative costs under the 401(k) Retirement Plan.
There is a generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan available to all employees.
How to Apply:
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents. To be considered for this position, you must attach your resume to the job posting itself online.
Total Safety U.S., Inc. - 16 months ago